Cymru/Wales: Bipolar Nation

Total Pageviews

Tuesday 17 May 2016

Fed up of Mental Health

It is Mental Health Awareness week and I realise that I am fed up of Mental Health. Which is handy because I'm raising money for the Mental Health Charity Mind. If you click on the link you get to see a little picture of the Shark Fisherman of Wales, he of the acid tongue. And you all thought that I had protected my identity as well as Banksy! I surface like a whale blowing water when I need to raise the profile. How does one raise the profile of a mad man. I consider myself mad and insane because still at age 50 I cannot subscribe to the insanity inherent in much of everyday life. I'm not going to list them because if you cannot feel them, then you are probably normal and well adapted to modern living. I am a throwback to a previous age. I might have been one of those who built Offa's Dyke in a previous life or probably one of those nuisance Welsh who bothered the builders. I presume that we come back as the same nationality? What do you mean you don't believe in re-incarnation. You are following the wrong blog. Yes I am fed up of Mental Health so the only thing I can deduce is that I am better. On Mental Health Awareness week, mental health as a topic is boring me. I've made too much of it. I've turned it into a coat of only one colour, grey. I've found a hobby in middle age and that is long distance walking and I have been rather opportunist by trying to raise money by doing it. I am worried about whether I will be able to fulfil my obligation but worry is not a mental health condition. I can now see the difference between worry and anxiety.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Death by Taxes

"Individuals and businesses not paying the tax they should deprives the government of the funding it needs to provide vital public serv...

Blog Archive

Bottom of the Ottoman

Hitler navigates the A487 from Aberaeron to Aberystwyth

Goodreads

David's books

How To Be Idle
Second Sight
Freud: The Key Ideas
The Yellow World
Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
Going Mad?: Understanding Mental Illness
Back To Sanity: Healing the Madness of Our Minds
Ham on Rye
Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania
Memories, Dreams, Reflections
Mavericks
Murder in Amsterdam: The Death of Theo van Gogh and the Limits of Tolerance
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
I Bought a Mountain
Hovel in the Hills: An Account of the Simple Life
Ring of Bright Water
The Thirty-Nine Steps
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Seat of the Soul


David Williams's favorite books »

Bottom of the Ottoman