Cymru/Wales: Bipolar Nation

Total Pageviews

Saturday 21 May 2016

Sponsored Walk or Protest March?


To the untrained eye and ear, my walk in June is just yet another sponsored walk (yawn) raising money for charity (yawn) How original! Does he think that in itself will get us to part with our hard earned money? Think again Batman!
Those who know me well, and there aren't many of those left for I have disposed of them in my pursuit of greatness (grandiosity?) know that what I do always has a political backdrop.
I was born in South Wales (Pen-y-Bont-ar-Ogwr) and raised in North Wales (Wrecsam a Dyffryn Clwyd) 
I left North East Wales in 1987 and haven't returned for any extended length of time but as a teenager my memories are of Dinbych, Rhuthun, Rhyl, Yr Wyddgrug, Caer a Lerpwl and my return trips on many a weekend to watch the mighty Wrexham FC at y Cae Ras. Having lived yn y Sowth mor hir rwan, my walk in June is to heal the Psychic rift in my own soul between y De a'r Gogledd. Duw look out, my 'bratiaith' is taking off by ere now! I am walking because I believe that in the future a critical mass will be required to walk in political protest and I want to be ready. I am pissed off that North & South Wales are not united. I might try and work out on my way down how to retake Shrewsbury because Cardiff as a capital city of the Welsh nation is not working. As the capital of a nicey, nicey, licky bum, touch your forelock Principality, it is ideal, because it has loads of shops to distract the masses and bread & circus in its former Millennium Stadium. I have chosen to walk during Euro 2016 partly as protest against our obsession with Sport (Rugby and Football) or rather our obsession with competitive team games that take the place of political protest and social unrest. Wales is so poor in parts that instead of anaesthetising ourselves with Bargain Booze we should be chaining ourselves to the Houses of Parliament. I know that I shall perhaps try and find somewhere to watch the games as I am only human after all butt, but, it won't be the end of the world if I don't. I don't care who wins as long as there is a bit of 'hunan barch' involved. Ghandi had the Salt march and the Jarrow Crusaders marched on London. Martin Luther King jr  had a dream and marched on Washington.
I will be walking Offa's Dyke or Cerdded Clawdd Offa in the indigenous tongue. If you can now see that this is a little bit more than the common and garden sponsored walk then spare some coppers guvnor/madam...please! Diolch 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Death by Taxes

"Individuals and businesses not paying the tax they should deprives the government of the funding it needs to provide vital public serv...

Blog Archive

Bottom of the Ottoman

Hitler navigates the A487 from Aberaeron to Aberystwyth

Goodreads

David's books

How To Be Idle
Second Sight
Freud: The Key Ideas
The Yellow World
Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
Going Mad?: Understanding Mental Illness
Back To Sanity: Healing the Madness of Our Minds
Ham on Rye
Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania
Memories, Dreams, Reflections
Mavericks
Murder in Amsterdam: The Death of Theo van Gogh and the Limits of Tolerance
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
I Bought a Mountain
Hovel in the Hills: An Account of the Simple Life
Ring of Bright Water
The Thirty-Nine Steps
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Seat of the Soul


David Williams's favorite books »

Bottom of the Ottoman