Cymru/Wales: Bipolar Nation

Total Pageviews

Monday 4 April 2016

So where should I go George?



10 Countries Desperate for English Teachers


So me Welsh is shit or rather not good enough for employment purposes so I have decided this morning to go and teach English abroad. The Graphic above is 4 years out of date but I wouldn't imagine that it has changed that much. Unfortunately Panama City is not included in the top ten locations. I was looking for somewhere to launder my sweaty socks. When I go is another matter. I still have responsibilities to attend to but the decision I have to make is wait for people to die or go now. I know that this not a decision that you, my readership, can make on my behalf but you could choose one of the above top ten and say why you think it would be a good (or bad) destination and decision for the Shark Fisherman of Wales to make. At the moment I am toying between Japan, S Korea and Vietnam.  I've got a passport with only 4 years left on it. Six years have passed and I haven't been anywhere because I have been rooted in fear because of my Amsterdamned experience. I'm hoping that a shady back street English language teaching institution will turn a blind eye to the fact that I am 'batshit crazy'. Hell I can talk and write English can't I? The Language of Oppression. I've got Stockholm Syndrome so bad that I feel the need to go and teach the accursed tongue to other unfortunates. I'm not getting anywhere fast in my conditioned 9-5 homeland so at least a decision has been made. Who knows, wherever I lay my hat, I might get a new found appreciation for the language and culture that remains tantalisingly just out of my reach. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Death by Taxes

"Individuals and businesses not paying the tax they should deprives the government of the funding it needs to provide vital public serv...

Blog Archive

Bottom of the Ottoman

Hitler navigates the A487 from Aberaeron to Aberystwyth

Goodreads

David's books

How To Be Idle
Second Sight
Freud: The Key Ideas
The Yellow World
Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
Going Mad?: Understanding Mental Illness
Back To Sanity: Healing the Madness of Our Minds
Ham on Rye
Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania
Memories, Dreams, Reflections
Mavericks
Murder in Amsterdam: The Death of Theo van Gogh and the Limits of Tolerance
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
I Bought a Mountain
Hovel in the Hills: An Account of the Simple Life
Ring of Bright Water
The Thirty-Nine Steps
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Seat of the Soul


David Williams's favorite books »

Bottom of the Ottoman