Cymru/Wales: Bipolar Nation

Total Pageviews

Monday 1 September 2014

The Awkward Squad


I am a self confessed member of the awkward squad. I wont sign on the dotted line. I will not join. If the mood of the nation goes one way I will go the other. Sometimes with this blog, I feel that I am outside the tent pissing in. I am only 1 person. I am not influential. I am a Manic Depressive so I have less to lose than 'normal' people. I can shoot my mouth off and claim diplomatic immunity waving my mental health card high in the air. My mental health was compromised by being a 'Yes' man, by conforming to conditioned society. I shudder to imagine what young people are going through!
What must they think of us? Adults! In name only perhaps. I was advised that if I was running out of things to write about then I should look up Google Trends. Well I did but that was all celebrity and sports and that is not what I am about even though that is what our national snoozepaper, the western fail continues to do on a daily basis. We are being dumbed down on a daily basis. I have fled the Capital this week to get away from the Helicopters and the Security Lock down. I am fortunate that I can do so. I have somewhere that I can run to. I could have chosen to stay and protest but something is nagging at me. I don't want to become a professional protester. I have done a couple this year. The Wales March for Gaza and the Cymdeithas yr Iaith vigil outside the National Assembly, and this is for why I am a member of the awkward squad. If peeps believe that they can start relying on you for 'rent a mob' then you start becoming diminished. I care but I obviously don't care enough. I should care more about earning a living but the 'job world' is the one which I feel is a bigger threat to my Mental Health than anything that is happening in the Middle East. I would like to go Freelance, become a Creative Arts Facilitator but my motivation is now in question. I fear that I am no longer motivated enough for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Death by Taxes

"Individuals and businesses not paying the tax they should deprives the government of the funding it needs to provide vital public serv...

Blog Archive

Bottom of the Ottoman

Hitler navigates the A487 from Aberaeron to Aberystwyth

Goodreads

David's books

How To Be Idle
Second Sight
Freud: The Key Ideas
The Yellow World
Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
Going Mad?: Understanding Mental Illness
Back To Sanity: Healing the Madness of Our Minds
Ham on Rye
Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania
Memories, Dreams, Reflections
Mavericks
Murder in Amsterdam: The Death of Theo van Gogh and the Limits of Tolerance
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
I Bought a Mountain
Hovel in the Hills: An Account of the Simple Life
Ring of Bright Water
The Thirty-Nine Steps
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Seat of the Soul


David Williams's favorite books »

Bottom of the Ottoman