Cymru/Wales: Bipolar Nation

Total Pageviews

Saturday 28 June 2014

Slow Burn!


It appears that Shark Fishing in Wales is a slow burn. It is a portal or resource that readers can turn to for some light or dark entertainment as the mood takes you. I have a core readership of between 16 and 21 for each post but what amazes me is that give it a month, the page views will have gone up to between 36 and 52 and I go back in the archive and some of the more racy and notorious posts have 300-400 page views. This alone makes me feel validated as a blog writer.


I have just been presented with a gift (See picture above) So I am not the only one that believes that I am an undiscovered Genius. My theory is that if I use the word Genius enough, then people will associate the word with me 'DAVID WILLIAMS' author of
http://www.lulu.com/gb/en/shop/david-williams/genius-loci-poetry/paperback/product-21567917.html
My intention is to use the notebook above to map out my 'Magnum Opus'. Look if you've got Latin in your locker you've got to use it.
I have to approach my next play in a completely different fashion. I need a different process because my characters and stories run out of puff, my endings are poor. I will be writing the last play for the MA in Playwriting at Salford University in my Writer's Room.
http://sharkfishinginwales.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/writers-room.html
This is the most viewed Blog post on Shark Fishing in Wales which makes me think that there are a lot of writers out there who are interested in the process of other writers. I call myself a writer because if I don't, nobody else will. If you write, you are a writer.
If you are not writing, then you are not a writer at that precise moment. You are a prevaricator, a thinker about writing. If writing plays was easy, then everybody would be doing it. It is not easy, it is very difficult but it is the medium that appeals the most and if you crack it, I think it will give you the most satisfaction.
The M.A has actually dampened my ardour which is no reflection on the course. It has confirmed by workshop, seminar and Master-class how incredibly bloody difficult it is. Thinskins need not apply. In terms of self evaluation and thinking about process, I don't do subtlety very well and we are led to believe that audiences are very sophisticated. They don't want their Theatre and its message on a plate. They want to masticate and chew slowly over what is presented, discuss over a pinot grigio at the bar as to what the writer had in mind. F**k That! I want to punch the audience on the nose with my message. My message being one of 'Social Justice'. I was a teenager through the Punk Years, loved the angry music but didn't have the balls to wear the fashion. I am still angry having lived through 18 years of Thatcher & Major and 13 years of Blair and Brown and now 4 years of Clegg and Cameron. I want to write a 'F**k the Government play. In my new notebook I am going to have a go.      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Death by Taxes

"Individuals and businesses not paying the tax they should deprives the government of the funding it needs to provide vital public serv...

Blog Archive

Bottom of the Ottoman

Hitler navigates the A487 from Aberaeron to Aberystwyth

Goodreads

David's books

How To Be Idle
Second Sight
Freud: The Key Ideas
The Yellow World
Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
Going Mad?: Understanding Mental Illness
Back To Sanity: Healing the Madness of Our Minds
Ham on Rye
Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania
Memories, Dreams, Reflections
Mavericks
Murder in Amsterdam: The Death of Theo van Gogh and the Limits of Tolerance
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
I Bought a Mountain
Hovel in the Hills: An Account of the Simple Life
Ring of Bright Water
The Thirty-Nine Steps
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Seat of the Soul


David Williams's favorite books »

Bottom of the Ottoman