Cymru/Wales: Bipolar Nation

Total Pageviews

Thursday 10 January 2013

Second Sight!


TRUE STORY
Second sight is a term for receiving knowledge without the use of reason

I was standing on the lay line yesterday (Cowbridge Rd East) against my better judgement, when out of the corner of my eye I spied an elderly lady in a pink coat with a multi colored bobble hat and a walking stick.
As she walked passed she turned to me and poked me in the chest and said "Happy New Year to you....with brass knobs on"
My mouth dropped open
"I just said that to the Bus driver" she informed me.
"Have you got a sense of humour?"
"I think so" I stuttered back.
She proceeded to tell me three jokes too rude to repeat here. This lady was eighty years of age and smoking a non filtered cigarette. Well she made my day! I love characters and I told her such.
"Do you believe in the Supernatural? Have you got Second Sight? 
 "I'm very interested" I said "but don't think I have it"
"I had it at 13 after I had meningitis" she went on to inform me.
 She told me of all the bereavements she had experienced, her partner and her son a few years ago and her four friends recently.
I accompanied her towards the Bingo. "I haven't been here in months, I'm going too deaf to hear the caller now but it doesn't stop me swearing. I should be dead you know, I collapsed and they took me up to Llandough. I woke up and saw four people I knew at the bottom of the bed that had passed over.
I knew then that it wasn't my time to go."
I nodded my head.
She told me her name. "I'll do your cards if you like and I can read the tea". I thanked her and said I might pop along.
She disappeared into the Bingo Hall and all this happened yesterday. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Death by Taxes

"Individuals and businesses not paying the tax they should deprives the government of the funding it needs to provide vital public serv...

Blog Archive

Bottom of the Ottoman

Hitler navigates the A487 from Aberaeron to Aberystwyth

Goodreads

David's books

How To Be Idle
Second Sight
Freud: The Key Ideas
The Yellow World
Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
Going Mad?: Understanding Mental Illness
Back To Sanity: Healing the Madness of Our Minds
Ham on Rye
Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania
Memories, Dreams, Reflections
Mavericks
Murder in Amsterdam: The Death of Theo van Gogh and the Limits of Tolerance
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
I Bought a Mountain
Hovel in the Hills: An Account of the Simple Life
Ring of Bright Water
The Thirty-Nine Steps
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Seat of the Soul


David Williams's favorite books »

Bottom of the Ottoman