Cymru/Wales: Bipolar Nation

Total Pageviews

Monday 1 February 2021

Two poems for the price of one

 Hi! How are you?

"Hi! How are you?" read the text out of the blue.
There was no name with the number so it could have been Goldfinger.
While you are here, you might as well hear what I have to say on the matter.
"How am I?"
I've given up on life.
"How are you?"
Same? Boo hoo.
Why contact me if I don't know who you are?
Did you think I was interested in more than a friendship?
or are you a bloke? a sick joke?
"Hi! How are you?"
"Fine, How are you?"
And we would carry on ad infinitum.
If you are really interested to know how I am at least have the depravity to put a kiss on the end before you press send.
Are you yet another condescending friend?
Who from my past could even be bothered to send a "Hi, how are you?"
I'm all over Social Media. You can contact me there.
Yet you chose the cold hard clinical stare.
I wish you'd asked "Why are you what you are?"
I would have replied
Because love has died inside
Because love has died inside.




Girl in a Green Duffle Coat


Don't look at me.
I'm old enough to be your father.
Don't pretend to be interested in my kindness sprinkled with humour.
Turn away and keep walking.
Your knight in shining armour awaits on the end of the pier. 

2 comments:

  1. Two poems for the price of one! A much better bicolon than those stupid supermarket offers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't really charge for the second one. It's too short.

    ReplyDelete

Death by Taxes

"Individuals and businesses not paying the tax they should deprives the government of the funding it needs to provide vital public serv...

Blog Archive

Bottom of the Ottoman

Hitler navigates the A487 from Aberaeron to Aberystwyth

Goodreads

David's books

How To Be Idle
Second Sight
Freud: The Key Ideas
The Yellow World
Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
Going Mad?: Understanding Mental Illness
Back To Sanity: Healing the Madness of Our Minds
Ham on Rye
Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania
Memories, Dreams, Reflections
Mavericks
Murder in Amsterdam: The Death of Theo van Gogh and the Limits of Tolerance
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
I Bought a Mountain
Hovel in the Hills: An Account of the Simple Life
Ring of Bright Water
The Thirty-Nine Steps
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Seat of the Soul


David Williams's favorite books »

Bottom of the Ottoman