Cymru/Wales: Bipolar Nation

Total Pageviews

Tuesday 17 April 2012

Loss of Libido


I'd never thought I'd say it but here it is: I am glad that I am experiencing loss of libido. I can't say that it is a side-effect of Bipolar Medication because I'm not taking any. I presume that it's because I'm now 46. I have lost interest or am losing interest and its great. To lapse into the vernacular 'I am glad that I have shaken the monkey off my back'. I presume, that that means I am glad that the overwhelming surge of testosterone and lustful thoughts that haunted me in my twenties and thirties, no longer do so. I was so desperate to cop off or have sexual intercourse as a younger man, that quite frankly, it was embarassing and frustrating. To have sex you need a sexual partner and I haven't had one of those for a very long time and no I am not advertising. I don't want one. As I get older what I seek is a friend and a companion. Sex is a problem, it always has been. Rather, relationships are a problem and sex without love is shit. So whether its because 'Mr Sausage' has been out of practice for so long, now reverse psychology has kicked in. Rather than being involuntarily celibate as I was for many years for a whole raft of reasons, I am now voluntarily celibate and it feels 'fucking fantastic'.



Here's to many more years of not having sex.

2 comments:

Death by Taxes

"Individuals and businesses not paying the tax they should deprives the government of the funding it needs to provide vital public serv...

Blog Archive

Bottom of the Ottoman

Hitler navigates the A487 from Aberaeron to Aberystwyth

Goodreads

David's books

How To Be Idle
Second Sight
Freud: The Key Ideas
The Yellow World
Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
Going Mad?: Understanding Mental Illness
Back To Sanity: Healing the Madness of Our Minds
Ham on Rye
Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania
Memories, Dreams, Reflections
Mavericks
Murder in Amsterdam: The Death of Theo van Gogh and the Limits of Tolerance
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
I Bought a Mountain
Hovel in the Hills: An Account of the Simple Life
Ring of Bright Water
The Thirty-Nine Steps
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Seat of the Soul


David Williams's favorite books »

Bottom of the Ottoman