Cymru/Wales: Bipolar Nation

Total Pageviews

Thursday 19 April 2012

Whispering Grass




Doesn't time fly when you're having fun! You're having fun aren't you reading about Shark Fishing in Wales and about my loss of libido? Too much information? You should know me pretty well by now. You, who read this are my confidantes. So what have you learnt so far? That the Shark Fisherman has Bipolar Disorder, that I believe that Cardiff is a poor Capital City, a reluctant Capital City. I do not have an alternative suggestion. I hope that Cardiff improves. That I am passionate about the Welsh Language but that the wrong people speak it. It is useless for Middle Class people to speak it because their value system lends itself to the Capitalist System. Welsh is or should be 'Iaith y Werin', the language of ordinary, common, poor folk. I had a conversation on the phone with a friend from London and I said that if Harriet Tubman lived in Cardiff, she would run the Railroad from London and teach Welsh to young Black and Afro carribean youngsters so that as Bob Marley would say there would be 'a movement of the people'. I would like to see more Black people learn and speak Welsh. We are both ethnic minorities. There would be more opportunities and it would provide an opportunity to escape the 'Ghettoe' in South East London. When I lived and worked down there I felt that it was only a matter of time before something went off. It took longer than I thought but off it did go. 
The National Eisteddfod will be in the Vale of Glamorgan this year, a prosperous part of the country but if last year's festival at Wrexham is anything to go by it will be yet another gathering of well off, middle class white Welsh speaking people going round and round the field in wellingtons with push chairs. 
Shark Fishing in Wales is 3 months old today. It has been helpful to me. Cathartic, that is why I write but what I should be doing is rocking and rolling with my Theatre Company but it is as if I have a mental block. I can't seem to get cracking and motivated. Again the Theatre world is full of the wrong type of people. Fuck the Luvvies I say and forward with Theatre for Mental Health and Social Justice.  I'm just a bloody misanthrope, that's why I write.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Death by Taxes

"Individuals and businesses not paying the tax they should deprives the government of the funding it needs to provide vital public serv...

Blog Archive

Bottom of the Ottoman

Hitler navigates the A487 from Aberaeron to Aberystwyth

Goodreads

David's books

How To Be Idle
Second Sight
Freud: The Key Ideas
The Yellow World
Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
Going Mad?: Understanding Mental Illness
Back To Sanity: Healing the Madness of Our Minds
Ham on Rye
Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania
Memories, Dreams, Reflections
Mavericks
Murder in Amsterdam: The Death of Theo van Gogh and the Limits of Tolerance
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
I Bought a Mountain
Hovel in the Hills: An Account of the Simple Life
Ring of Bright Water
The Thirty-Nine Steps
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Seat of the Soul


David Williams's favorite books »

Bottom of the Ottoman