Cymru/Wales: Bipolar Nation

Total Pageviews

Thursday 24 November 2022

Blowing one's own Trumpet

 



In all my years of writing bad poetry and doggerel, never in my wildest dreams would I imagine that I would be one of the 5 winners in an Award Anthology but that is exactly what has happened and I was stopped by police (for this is a police state) running so fast to the Building Society to pay the cheque for £100.00 in. 

"Excuse me Sir, but we do not think that a man of your age, girth, hairstyle and kidneys should be exhibitioning themselves in such a manner on his Majesty's pavements". 

"But you don't understand officer, I have won a poetry prize" 

"Oh in that case, off you jolly well toddle then Speedy Gonzalez!"

The fact that the prize was awarded by BACS Transfer is neither here nor there when I waived my artistic licence at the officers. So it came to pass that a bad poet and doggerel writer transformed over night into a punchy political poetry operator with a bit of cash in his back pocket. 

I'll give you a clue as to what the poem is about. The kernel of it is actually contained in this blog post 

And that is all I can tell you because Poetry Anthologies need to be sold.

One thing is for sure, the sentiments expressed in this poem have finally come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fruity old fruit bats

  Hello my fruity old fruit bats! That is a term of endearment by the way. I thought I would treat you to a piece of prose rather than the b...

Blog Archive

Bottom of the Ottoman

Hitler navigates the A487 from Aberaeron to Aberystwyth

Goodreads

David's books

How To Be Idle
Second Sight
Freud: The Key Ideas
The Yellow World
Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
Going Mad?: Understanding Mental Illness
Back To Sanity: Healing the Madness of Our Minds
Ham on Rye
Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania
Memories, Dreams, Reflections
Mavericks
Murder in Amsterdam: The Death of Theo van Gogh and the Limits of Tolerance
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
I Bought a Mountain
Hovel in the Hills: An Account of the Simple Life
Ring of Bright Water
The Thirty-Nine Steps
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Seat of the Soul


David Williams's favorite books »

Bottom of the Ottoman