Cymru/Wales: Bipolar Nation

Total Pageviews

Saturday 15 November 2014

Arithmetical Equation


+


=


My life can be distilled into the above arithmetical equation. Capel(Chapel) + Ysgol(School) = Carchar(Prison) There you go, you get a little Welsh Vocabulary thrown in. You also get the actual, real life pictures of the chapel, school and prison that I went to. If you throw into the equation the following quote then you have my 48 years on this planet reduced to a numerical equation. 



 So I have been through the institutions of chapel, school, work and prison, probably like you (but without prison hopefully)
I don't think that Institutions are good for human beings. I believe that children know at a primitive and elemental level that they are being force fed bullshit in Sunday School and facts, figures and dates that they will never use in their adult life in school. We are aware that a human's mental health is a combination of nature and nurture. Your spiritual life or faith occurs as an adult when you have a personal connection to the 'supernatural figure' on the fluffy white cloud. At confirmation class in the above chapel, we as a group of 12 year olds were asked 'Where is God?' and I replied on behalf of the group, "Well I've never met him" and got a well deserved chuckle from the rest of the group and a frown from the minister. I had my own spiritual connection with God in the above prison because I had no other choice than to leave my fate to an (alleged) higher power. I am still open to be persuaded that he/she doesn't exist but once you've had a 'spiritual emergency' there is no going back. As humanists and atheists distrust religion, I distrust Christians who do not proclaim a personal experience, a re-birth. If you are born into a religion or a denomination then you have been force fed and have accepted it hook, line and sinker without questioning it, which to me appears as hollow as the lives of the humanists and atheists. I realise that if my life had not followed the above arithmetical equation then I wouldn't have my own personal God. A God that I certainly didn't believe in or have a personal experience of in the first two establishments.     




5 comments:

  1. good morning ! just to do you the courtesy of letting you know you have been blogged in a rarther abbreviated way on dial a shaman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tristan. I know you left a comment on a previous post and am sorry for not replying. Delighted to be included on Dial a Shaman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the abbreviated form and am honoured! The narcissist in me would love to share your post far and wide although the links don't seem to be working when I click on them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did and thank you very much. I am touched.!

    ReplyDelete

Death by Taxes

"Individuals and businesses not paying the tax they should deprives the government of the funding it needs to provide vital public serv...

Blog Archive

Bottom of the Ottoman

Hitler navigates the A487 from Aberaeron to Aberystwyth

Goodreads

David's books

How To Be Idle
Second Sight
Freud: The Key Ideas
The Yellow World
Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
Going Mad?: Understanding Mental Illness
Back To Sanity: Healing the Madness of Our Minds
Ham on Rye
Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania
Memories, Dreams, Reflections
Mavericks
Murder in Amsterdam: The Death of Theo van Gogh and the Limits of Tolerance
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
I Bought a Mountain
Hovel in the Hills: An Account of the Simple Life
Ring of Bright Water
The Thirty-Nine Steps
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Seat of the Soul


David Williams's favorite books »

Bottom of the Ottoman