Cymru/Wales: Bipolar Nation

Total Pageviews

Friday 30 July 2021

I regret everything


I do quite like me because I'm all that I've got.

You'd think by now I'd be losing the plot.

Getting to a certain age, there's no guarantee of turning the page.

You've got to hug yourself and pat the very same on the back,

the self obsessed pretend they are up for the craic.

Self love should be taught in schools

but so many of us leave thinking we are fools.

We are full up to the hilt with shame and guilt

and then we're meant to find someone to complete us.

"I want to know what love is, I want you to show me"

Seems like a big ask.

Where do we get our ideas of how it's meant to be?

The telly, the pictures, books?

Search me!

If every life was as picture book as they portrayed

then why do we have to wait so long before getting laid?

I was 21 when I lost my cherry and the damsel in question gave me thrush

after the deed I felt like Cinderella sans scrubbing brush.

You grow older and bitter about the sexual act

because you'd been promised in life that it was a fact.

For me 'rumpy pumpy' has been as rare as a comet

Making 'luurve' on an E type's bonnet.

They never told you about the strings attached

your dreams like a china tea cup, chipped then smashed.

Regret is a fact of life

Edith Piaf lied

I regret everything

And if I had my life to live over I wouldn't do any of the same things again.

Fact.      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fruity old fruit bats

  Hello my fruity old fruit bats! That is a term of endearment by the way. I thought I would treat you to a piece of prose rather than the b...

Blog Archive

Bottom of the Ottoman

Hitler navigates the A487 from Aberaeron to Aberystwyth

Goodreads

David's books

How To Be Idle
Second Sight
Freud: The Key Ideas
The Yellow World
Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
Going Mad?: Understanding Mental Illness
Back To Sanity: Healing the Madness of Our Minds
Ham on Rye
Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania
Memories, Dreams, Reflections
Mavericks
Murder in Amsterdam: The Death of Theo van Gogh and the Limits of Tolerance
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
I Bought a Mountain
Hovel in the Hills: An Account of the Simple Life
Ring of Bright Water
The Thirty-Nine Steps
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Seat of the Soul


David Williams's favorite books »

Bottom of the Ottoman