Cymru/Wales: Bipolar Nation

Total Pageviews

Sunday 3 March 2019

love me, love my mood disorder

love me, love my mood disorder




my dear darling precious what the fuck do you want now?
I refuse to put an * in fuck because we all know it says
the other word for sexual intercourse
which is what we do sometimes
when I am not being an arse
it’s not you, it’s me
but when it’s not me
it’s definitely you
because you really get on my tits sometimes.

Oh my bloody valentine, whose idea was it to love and be loved in return?
It is incredibly wearing to watch ourselves
tearing each other apart.
Your tears make me angrier because they remind me of my own weakness
men don’t like to be vulnerable
I’d have thought that you would have sussed that by now
but you continue hunting for my soft bits
I don’t even enjoy making up any more
My stomach turns as
the next argument churns.

Relationships aren’t for everybody
That’s why God reversed his name and invented Dog
for the sad and lonely men
who insist on unconditional love
like what Mum and Dad gave
and for the ladies there is cat
who share their same aloof, indifferent temperament.   

“No need to get personal” you say
but everything is and political
every utterance is vetted for semiotic meaning
"listen my love my soul is bleeding
stuff your flowers, your chocolates, your jewellery, your going out
because I’m giving in to my mood disorder
you are not worth saving
my head is up the spout".

I see you six months later
Exes now are we
I yearn for the laughs and the sex
You look as if you miss a bit of me
but not all
It’s best if we part at the fork in the road
I leave you in your pursuit of another toad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Death by Taxes

"Individuals and businesses not paying the tax they should deprives the government of the funding it needs to provide vital public serv...

Blog Archive

Bottom of the Ottoman

Hitler navigates the A487 from Aberaeron to Aberystwyth

Goodreads

David's books

How To Be Idle
Second Sight
Freud: The Key Ideas
The Yellow World
Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
Going Mad?: Understanding Mental Illness
Back To Sanity: Healing the Madness of Our Minds
Ham on Rye
Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania
Memories, Dreams, Reflections
Mavericks
Murder in Amsterdam: The Death of Theo van Gogh and the Limits of Tolerance
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
I Bought a Mountain
Hovel in the Hills: An Account of the Simple Life
Ring of Bright Water
The Thirty-Nine Steps
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Seat of the Soul


David Williams's favorite books »

Bottom of the Ottoman