Cymru/Wales: Bipolar Nation

Total Pageviews

Saturday 30 March 2019

Appetite for Apathy




My appetite for apathy
is plain for all to see
I'm like the Bodhisattva
sitting under his Bodhi Tree

The DWP think I'm just lazy
The mental health team know I'm crazy
Girls and women think me hazy
I'm just fine, "call me Daisy"

I've been sat here for three years
the cat on my lap called Brexit
just purrs and purrs and purrs
it's covered in WTO agreements and furs 

I'm watching rallies for Leave
and rallies for Remain
but because we're British old chum
no civil unrest, never the twain. 

During 'Mindfulness' we're taught not to swear
but I'm fucking Welsh so I don't fucking care
my mind refuses to settle, anarchy up in my tree
deep breathing, "It's not bloody working, I told you see"

Chaos is the name of the game
World Wars and Blood Letting, let's have more of the same
You can go on all your marches and shout
"Not in my name"

You can give it all peace and love
and caress that soft white dove
but you and I know
it will either be Johnson, Mogg or Gove.

It is then that I must cease my appetite for apathy
I must grab my staff and my bow
I will join the Welsh Guerrilla Fighters
and sow and sow and sow

The seeds of Welsh Independence have been planted deep
This Brexit malarkey has kick started mission creep
We wont put up with Eton fops with Beatles mop tops
We want the cream from the table no longer the sops

So the next time you see me sitting, staring out to sea
pat me on my head and give me a treat
and I'll show you my big fat feet 
tattooed on the heels 'Fe Godwn ni eto'  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Death by Taxes

"Individuals and businesses not paying the tax they should deprives the government of the funding it needs to provide vital public serv...

Blog Archive

Bottom of the Ottoman

Hitler navigates the A487 from Aberaeron to Aberystwyth

Goodreads

David's books

How To Be Idle
Second Sight
Freud: The Key Ideas
The Yellow World
Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
Going Mad?: Understanding Mental Illness
Back To Sanity: Healing the Madness of Our Minds
Ham on Rye
Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania
Memories, Dreams, Reflections
Mavericks
Murder in Amsterdam: The Death of Theo van Gogh and the Limits of Tolerance
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
I Bought a Mountain
Hovel in the Hills: An Account of the Simple Life
Ring of Bright Water
The Thirty-Nine Steps
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Seat of the Soul


David Williams's favorite books »

Bottom of the Ottoman