Cymru/Wales: Bipolar Nation

Total Pageviews

Friday 5 February 2016

A Ghost in the Machine




Saturday 30th January I came off Facebook & Twitter, cold turkey like, having been on there for five years solid, full time, so you can imagine I have been a bit short tempered this past week to say the least. I even deleted this blog and came off Google plus and thought that it had been lost in cyberspace but I retrieved it with a sharp stick with a piece of velcro on the end. I am harvesting the poems on the blog for yet another book and I am collecting some of the articles to put together in one volume to send them in for a competition. Don't want to let the work go to waste. So good followers, 13 and true, I shall be relying on you not to leave me here, like a ghost in the machine. If you believe my voice should be heard, then please share these posts on your Facebook page or Twitter feed. I probably won't be posting as much as I did before but I have enjoyed working on this blog so much I didn't want to abandon it. I now have to fill the God shaped existential hole left by Social Media. I have tried alcohol, dope and even God. Nothing will fill it I don't suppose but I need to get busy doing something else. Thank you to those precious few who have contacted me by email to beg me to return or to at least keep this blog running. I wont mention you by name but you know who you are. Thank you.
One thing I have been doing is learning French on Duolingo, apparently I am 12% fluent already which I find very hard to believe. D'accord, Laterz Shark Fishing Followerz!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Death by Taxes

"Individuals and businesses not paying the tax they should deprives the government of the funding it needs to provide vital public serv...

Blog Archive

Bottom of the Ottoman

Hitler navigates the A487 from Aberaeron to Aberystwyth

Goodreads

David's books

How To Be Idle
Second Sight
Freud: The Key Ideas
The Yellow World
Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
Going Mad?: Understanding Mental Illness
Back To Sanity: Healing the Madness of Our Minds
Ham on Rye
Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania
Memories, Dreams, Reflections
Mavericks
Murder in Amsterdam: The Death of Theo van Gogh and the Limits of Tolerance
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
I Bought a Mountain
Hovel in the Hills: An Account of the Simple Life
Ring of Bright Water
The Thirty-Nine Steps
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Seat of the Soul


David Williams's favorite books »

Bottom of the Ottoman