Cymru/Wales: Bipolar Nation

Total Pageviews

Friday 9 January 2015

Ched Hebdo


I've thought long and hard about the title and contents of this blog post and I know it's going to offend some but 'Publish & be Damned' or so thought the staff at satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo. I had never heard of the magazine before the events of last Wednesday but I had heard of Ched Evans and his story on a daily basis. What have these two stories in common, well in my eyes they have become scapegoats for man's dark shadow. This is a term coined by Carl Gustav Jung, the Swiss Psychiatrist and Psychotherapist to encapsulate the part of the subconscious that we do not acknowledge or essentially disown.
In 2005 a Dutch Court found me 'Insane' essentially because I over reacted to the events of 07/07/2005. I won't recount the history here but you can read about it in  http://chipmunkapublishing.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2571
These events were for me like a premonition 'the shape of things to come'. The murder of Lee Rigby in 2013 and now the events in Paris are not for me, a shock. I tut tut and shake my head like everyone else but because I reacted (Over Reacted) to the events of 07/07/2005 perhaps I am now compensating in my non reaction. What has this got to do with Ched Evans? Well he is Welsh and the title of this blog is Shark Fishing in Wales and by this stage in the proceedings I am starting to think that he is becoming the scapegoat for man & woman's dark collective unconscious. Women blame Men, the 'Penetrator' for rape, but they do not blame 'alcohol' or the effects that it has on them, the drug so beloved of the secular society. The effect that alcohol has on a testosterone, lustful, man has been investigated I presume. Alcohol does not equal rape, some men are able to rape, not all men. His case is as complex as the events unfolding in Paris because they engender strong if not hysterical reactions from different elements of society. How can we explain his girlfriend standing by his side through all this? If I was a woman and especially a woman who had been raped then I would be writing a completely different blog post to this one but I would still be writing because it is the collective noise about this case which is unprecedented, a collective hysteria which wishes to blame professional footballers and men as role models which bursts like a demented football crowd who will all shout 'rapist' if he touches the ball or scores a goal.  95% of those shouting 'Rapist' will be men who will either be acting on the orders of their wives and girlfriends or on the orders of their dark shadow. These men are hypocrites especially the ones who have hit their own wives. "We tend to keep the domestic abuse in house my friend" whilst he shouts 'rapist' at Ched Evans and then goes back to his blue collar job on a Monday.  
Who will become the Scapegoat in France next Monday when all this will be over? The Muslim Society? The Secular Society? The people who carry guns? Who are the Scapegoats in the Ched Evans trial? Oldham Athletic, Hartlepool Utd, Sheffield Utd OR the Woman that Ched Evans raped ?    
What worries me more than anything as the Shark Fisherman of Wales is mob rule. I worry that my offices will be charged and closed down for speaking my truth! We are in a war, Yes, but a war against dualistic thinking, #black #white, #right #wrong #goodguy #badguy. There will be repercussions from these events for the rest of our lifetimes and beyond. We wont be able to relax, we will be even more distrustful. We will need someone to blame because we always need someone to blame because what we see unfolding has got absolutely nothing to do with us!!! Perhaps we have been too selfish but that is all. You can't blame me for Ched Evans or Charlie Hebdo! Non? 
If we were all to own our dark shadows instead of running away from them by following fundamentalist religion, playing football or drinking alcohol then we might start getting somewhere but you, like me, know that it has gone too far for that!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Death by Taxes

"Individuals and businesses not paying the tax they should deprives the government of the funding it needs to provide vital public serv...

Blog Archive

Bottom of the Ottoman

Hitler navigates the A487 from Aberaeron to Aberystwyth

Goodreads

David's books

How To Be Idle
Second Sight
Freud: The Key Ideas
The Yellow World
Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
Going Mad?: Understanding Mental Illness
Back To Sanity: Healing the Madness of Our Minds
Ham on Rye
Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania
Memories, Dreams, Reflections
Mavericks
Murder in Amsterdam: The Death of Theo van Gogh and the Limits of Tolerance
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
I Bought a Mountain
Hovel in the Hills: An Account of the Simple Life
Ring of Bright Water
The Thirty-Nine Steps
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Seat of the Soul


David Williams's favorite books »

Bottom of the Ottoman