Cymru/Wales: Bipolar Nation

Total Pageviews

Tuesday 14 October 2014

A Manifesto on behalf of the Manic Depressive Liberation Front


I am speaking to you today in an Ulster/Hispanic accent because I cannot make my mind up whether today I am Zapatista or Free Derry. I know one thing, that having been deprived of my sleep last night because of noise pollution, my manic depressive symptoms are showing themselves today. I am reluctant, argumentative, facetious, resentful, judgemental. Luckily I don't take substances any more but in the old days, pre diagnosis, I would be self medicating now with cannabis/alcohol. I would withdraw from the world and into my spidey cocoon and try and make sense of the world and its ways. Now I just walk about with blinkers on. I cannot take it all in as I am triggered by noise,visual stimulus, lack of sleep, too much caffeine and people being themselves, namely selfish arseholes. Everybody has got to get there first and I gave up that race ten years ago. The Manifesto of the Manic Depressive Liberation Front will be out soon in paperback namely my memoir 'Amsterdamned'. It will be twice the price of the ebook version which is available now but it will have half the spelling mistakes. I am not speaking on behalf of all Manic Depressives because these modern types call themselves something called 'Bipolar'. I am the old balaclava wearing 'Manic Depressive', a term that describes my emotional, energetic condition, perfectly. I have longish periods of stability but my associates know my fractured history and know that I could blow at any moment. I ended up muttering at a bus stop today and talking to myself, the classic Jasper Carrot 'Nutter on the Bus'. 
They are kicking up a stink now about this leaders debate because they have invited UKIPs Farrage to debate with his nemesis Cameron. The small parties are requesting an in. Well if that happens I want a piece of the action. I want to be a part of the leaders' debate on behalf of the Manic Depressive Liberation Front, just so I can piss off people diagnosed with the same condition. I take great pleasure in pissing people off you see. In fact I think I am addicted to it.


      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Death by Taxes

"Individuals and businesses not paying the tax they should deprives the government of the funding it needs to provide vital public serv...

Blog Archive

Bottom of the Ottoman

Hitler navigates the A487 from Aberaeron to Aberystwyth

Goodreads

David's books

How To Be Idle
Second Sight
Freud: The Key Ideas
The Yellow World
Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
Going Mad?: Understanding Mental Illness
Back To Sanity: Healing the Madness of Our Minds
Ham on Rye
Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania
Memories, Dreams, Reflections
Mavericks
Murder in Amsterdam: The Death of Theo van Gogh and the Limits of Tolerance
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
I Bought a Mountain
Hovel in the Hills: An Account of the Simple Life
Ring of Bright Water
The Thirty-Nine Steps
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Seat of the Soul


David Williams's favorite books »

Bottom of the Ottoman