Cymru/Wales: Bipolar Nation

Total Pageviews

Saturday 19 May 2012

5 Months Old Today!

Well it was five months ago on January 19th that my little baby shark blog was born and as you can see by the number of page views and the quality of advertising, it has quite literally gone from strength to strength. I don't particularly have anything of significance to say today but that doesn't normally stop bloggers (Ouch!) I've been doing a bit of forward planning today and am looking forward to visiting Liverpool in June just prior to my 6 month anniversary. I'm going to see a production of 'In Our Times' by Collective Encounters, Theatre for Social Change. It will be on at the Casa Bar, 29 Hope Street, Liverpool at 6.30pm. Then the following morning I catch a train to Darlington. I've never been there before and am looking forward to it. I hear it's very nice. I'm meeting up with a novelty double act called 'Spears and Green' and we're going to see if we can make theatre together because that's ostensibly what I am, a Theatre Maker! Does that sound pretentious? Good! I know I'm a good one when I get going, it's just that I get disillusioned rather quickly. We're hoping to bring in ideas and then bring them to their feet. It gets me out of the Diff! Anything to get me out of the Diff! Out of Wales! You've got to get out of Wales occasionally. I like the sound of the North! I like the Humour of Peter Kay, I like the music of the Smiths. I like the fact that they say Dinner for the meal that you have at midday. Only David Cameron does Lunch! If I meet a Northern personage who says Lunch,I shall be dissapointed. So folks,it's baby steps cos I'm a fragile middle aged male with more angst and neuroses than you can shake a stick at. I was called a Sioni Bob Ochr last week!     "Sioni bob ochr" (Lit: Johnny all sides) is someone who supports everything - or maybe just whoever's winning!  I think it's a little harsh but I can see where the observation comes from. I like to evaluate situations from all sides. Choosing sides is very difficult for me! There is defintely an element of a split personality to me! David or Dafydd? I call it tomato, you call it tomatoe, potato, potatoe, let's call the whole thing off. I definitely couldn't enter Politics. I couldn't make a decision to save my life.

1 comment:

  1. Not long after we had moved to Bath from N.E. Lincolnshire in 1983....I was 'corrected' by a friends parent for saying 'dinner' and was reminded that it was 'lunch'! ho hum! I continued to say dinner and delight in saying it dinner dinner dinner dinner dinner dinner dinner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Death by Taxes

"Individuals and businesses not paying the tax they should deprives the government of the funding it needs to provide vital public serv...

Blog Archive

Bottom of the Ottoman

Hitler navigates the A487 from Aberaeron to Aberystwyth

Goodreads

David's books

How To Be Idle
Second Sight
Freud: The Key Ideas
The Yellow World
Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
Going Mad?: Understanding Mental Illness
Back To Sanity: Healing the Madness of Our Minds
Ham on Rye
Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania
Memories, Dreams, Reflections
Mavericks
Murder in Amsterdam: The Death of Theo van Gogh and the Limits of Tolerance
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
I Bought a Mountain
Hovel in the Hills: An Account of the Simple Life
Ring of Bright Water
The Thirty-Nine Steps
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Seat of the Soul


David Williams's favorite books »

Bottom of the Ottoman