Cymru/Wales: Bipolar Nation

Total Pageviews

Friday 3 June 2016

Newport State of Mind


I went to Newport today. I likes Newport. I've always thought that it has character. It's a proper town. I went to spread the word about my sponsored walk of Offa's Dyke starting Monday from Prestatyn. I thought I would take a sponsorship form and a leaflet about my walking and writing talk in Hay on Wye on Friday 17th to the Mind Shop on Chepstow Rd and I was given a warm welcome and a donation. "You've been to our Main Office obviously". No I hadn't but "I will go there now", so I headed to the Offices in Commercial Street where I was wished good luck but was told that Mind Newport are independent of National Mind and that they couldn't raise money for National Mind. I forgot to ask whether they meant National Mind Cymru or National Mind London. Fair enough I thought but then again I thought it's Mind after all. I'm raising for Mind because I was helped by Aberystwyth Mind but there wasn't a Just Giving Page for Aberystwyth Mind so I set one up for National Mind (London) and I then receive an email from Mind Cymru for agreeing to fundraise on their behalf which is making me start to question where exactly will this money be going. I'm not walking 177 miles for the sponsorship money to go into administration and salaries and I'm positive that my sponsors don't want that to happen either. I'm fundraising to make sure that people suffering mental distress get help. I'm sure that this is where the money will go and if it helps people in Aberystwyth, Cymru, London or Independent Newport, all well and good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Death by Taxes

"Individuals and businesses not paying the tax they should deprives the government of the funding it needs to provide vital public serv...

Blog Archive

Bottom of the Ottoman

Hitler navigates the A487 from Aberaeron to Aberystwyth

Goodreads

David's books

How To Be Idle
Second Sight
Freud: The Key Ideas
The Yellow World
Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
Going Mad?: Understanding Mental Illness
Back To Sanity: Healing the Madness of Our Minds
Ham on Rye
Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania
Memories, Dreams, Reflections
Mavericks
Murder in Amsterdam: The Death of Theo van Gogh and the Limits of Tolerance
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
I Bought a Mountain
Hovel in the Hills: An Account of the Simple Life
Ring of Bright Water
The Thirty-Nine Steps
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Seat of the Soul


David Williams's favorite books »

Bottom of the Ottoman