Cymru/Wales: Bipolar Nation

Total Pageviews

Tuesday 1 March 2016

Tuesday's child is full of grace.


Spose I should write a blog post today seeing as it's St David's Day and my Birthday but I'm feeling like 'Eeyore' today having cycled from Grangetown to Canton and got soaked in the process, to throw the bike in the old jalopy to head down West to see how everybody is doing, to go and thank the lady who gave birth to me 50 years ago today to the day. It was a Tuesday and Tuesday's child is full of grace. She reminds me that the only thing she had for breakfast that day was burnt toast. I wonder whether that's why I have a thing for burnt toast. Well I need to get my 'tigger' back for tomorrow night because I am hoping to go to this and if I get there early enough and get my name down I might be able to read 3 minutes worth of poems from my 'tigger' coloured book of poems.  I was an Eeyore for decades and I still don't buy the chemical imbalance in the brain business. I buy the 'sensitive soul' line battered and bruised by a cruel uncaring world. That is why I write doggerel. I'm not ashamed to write it. It amuses me, even if it pisses off the more serious bards. So if you'll excuse me, I've got some recitation to practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Death by Taxes

"Individuals and businesses not paying the tax they should deprives the government of the funding it needs to provide vital public serv...

Blog Archive

Bottom of the Ottoman

Hitler navigates the A487 from Aberaeron to Aberystwyth

Goodreads

David's books

How To Be Idle
Second Sight
Freud: The Key Ideas
The Yellow World
Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
Going Mad?: Understanding Mental Illness
Back To Sanity: Healing the Madness of Our Minds
Ham on Rye
Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania
Memories, Dreams, Reflections
Mavericks
Murder in Amsterdam: The Death of Theo van Gogh and the Limits of Tolerance
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
I Bought a Mountain
Hovel in the Hills: An Account of the Simple Life
Ring of Bright Water
The Thirty-Nine Steps
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Seat of the Soul


David Williams's favorite books »

Bottom of the Ottoman