Cymru/Wales: Bipolar Nation

Total Pageviews

Thursday 18 September 2014

The Three Amigos






On the day that Cardiff City sack another manager, as a diehard Wrexham fan I have to admit that once, but only once did I agree because I am historically a soft touch, to drive a minibus full of Cardiff City fans to an away game at York City. It was between the seasons 1989-1991 when I worked as a driver/gardener for Cardiff City Council. A fellow employee who spotted my foolhardiness asked whether I would drive a minibus so they could all have a drink. I was often at a loss at what to do at weekends when not playing hooker for Cathays High School Old Boys.  Why not?
It was a bloody long way to York. It was a 1-1 draw I think and the minibus crowd had a drink and I drove back with a face like a miserable meme wondering what the hell I was doing with my life. Although having lived within a mile of Ninian Park and now the Cardiff City stadium for the last 25 years, I have perhaps been three times in all those years because friends were going and needed a shoulder to cry on when they lost. I can't say I hate the Bluebirds but I am cold and ambivalent towards them. I believe that the club like the Capital City of Wales are cursed by a leviathan that lies underground (serious) It is green, has three heads and looks like Craig Bellamy. It can't be co-incidence that the club has experienced such bad luck. With a Bond Villain as chairman who set up a Scotsman for a fall, the new manager who replaces the baby faced assassin will need more than luck. They will need an excommunication of the dark energies that stalk the Capital City's Football Club. Get the Ouija Board out.  

STOP PRESS
Will the new manager soon be wearing this?
As long as it's in blue eh?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Death by Taxes

"Individuals and businesses not paying the tax they should deprives the government of the funding it needs to provide vital public serv...

Blog Archive

Bottom of the Ottoman

Hitler navigates the A487 from Aberaeron to Aberystwyth

Goodreads

David's books

How To Be Idle
Second Sight
Freud: The Key Ideas
The Yellow World
Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
Going Mad?: Understanding Mental Illness
Back To Sanity: Healing the Madness of Our Minds
Ham on Rye
Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania
Memories, Dreams, Reflections
Mavericks
Murder in Amsterdam: The Death of Theo van Gogh and the Limits of Tolerance
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
I Bought a Mountain
Hovel in the Hills: An Account of the Simple Life
Ring of Bright Water
The Thirty-Nine Steps
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Seat of the Soul


David Williams's favorite books »

Bottom of the Ottoman