Cymru/Wales: Bipolar Nation

Total Pageviews

Friday 19 September 2014

More than a Feeling





"So many people have come and gone
Their faces fade as the years go by
Yet I still recall as I wander on
As clear as the sun in the summer sky"

It feels rather churlish to write about oneself on such a historically miserable day. A country has voted against its own Independence. The despondent melancholia has fallen like an early morning mist in Glencoe. In this wee postie I am going to speak about the people I associate with on Social Media so in other words YOU! Or maybe not you. As an empath who feels things keenly, from energies to feelings I have noticed a difference between the interactions of those who have not met me in real life and those that have. The ones that have, (this is a sweeping generalisation) tend to be rather dismissive and brief in their postings. A kind of 'the man's a fool and I shall not tarry to waste my time in response to him'. Those who haven't met me reflect the old time manners and respect that we would have to people in real life way back in the 1970s. A certain shyness shines through. I like shy people. I don't like arrogant people. Friends and family know that I am limited in my social interactions and find real people difficult. So if you have met me and are taking a wee bit of pleasure in diffidence, insolence, brevity, indifference. Well fuck yees! My first Psychiatrist diagnosed me as Hyper sensitive. The second with Bipolar Disorder. The way I feel at the moment, I think the first may be closer to the mark.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Death by Taxes

"Individuals and businesses not paying the tax they should deprives the government of the funding it needs to provide vital public serv...

Blog Archive

Bottom of the Ottoman

Hitler navigates the A487 from Aberaeron to Aberystwyth

Goodreads

David's books

How To Be Idle
Second Sight
Freud: The Key Ideas
The Yellow World
Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
Going Mad?: Understanding Mental Illness
Back To Sanity: Healing the Madness of Our Minds
Ham on Rye
Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania
Memories, Dreams, Reflections
Mavericks
Murder in Amsterdam: The Death of Theo van Gogh and the Limits of Tolerance
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
I Bought a Mountain
Hovel in the Hills: An Account of the Simple Life
Ring of Bright Water
The Thirty-Nine Steps
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Seat of the Soul


David Williams's favorite books »

Bottom of the Ottoman