Cymru/Wales: Bipolar Nation

Total Pageviews

Saturday 30 November 2013

Money


Yes, it's what I want but in holy communion with many people I haven't worked out how to accumulate the green stuff, the moula, the sponduliks! Money, Cash, Dosh! I spend it but I don't earn it. I don't earn it because I am not over keen on selling my time, my short life in return for something which will allow me to buy food and shelter to extend this short existence. 'Financially Impotent' would be a good description of my abilities and attitude. The life of a three bar pensioner beckons if I get that far. I have learnt over the last few years to live on little and that has been liberating. The huge psychologist's brain in a jar in Whitehall works out that a critical mass of people can be controlled by paying them £71.00 by encouraging them to jump through hoops to get, usually, a poor paying job with long hours and unpleasant working conditions. Work to live? or Live to Work? Well neither actually. I have been known to put Occupational Therapists and Job Advisors out of work. I mean what are you going to do with a 47 year old man with no references.
If I respected money then I would go and work in Subway but I just don't think that I would look aesthetically pleasing enough when I ask if the customer would like the cheese melted. Also at my advanced age, my bullshit monitor/meter just goes off the scale at any perceived injustice or human nonsense. I just walk! I do a Renee. So what's to be done? Self employed? I just don't feel that I could ask anybody for money. Money for me is a bigger taboo, than sex and death. From being an effusive 'hail fellow well met' years ago where drinks were bought for tight arse friends to buy their friendship perhaps. There's no sentiment in business, look after the pennies and the pounds will look after myself. Can you believe that such a sensible? man as myself actually bought Paul McKenna's 'I can make you rich' in Waterstones in Derby 3 years ago. Well I want my money back. The Television Hypnotist has a plethora of books that work on silly people's psychology. 'I can make you thin', 'I can make you fat', 'live your life like a boss' etc etc. We are constantly bombarded by Wonga and Cash Lenders offering loans at incredible interest. I can't be the only one who is financially illiterate. I think I want money but perhaps I don't, just to spite the system. I won't spite the system. I will just end up poor. Well I've certainly chosen the slow route to riches! Have you ever heard of a wealthy Playwright?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Death by Taxes

"Individuals and businesses not paying the tax they should deprives the government of the funding it needs to provide vital public serv...

Blog Archive

Bottom of the Ottoman

Hitler navigates the A487 from Aberaeron to Aberystwyth

Goodreads

David's books

How To Be Idle
Second Sight
Freud: The Key Ideas
The Yellow World
Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
Going Mad?: Understanding Mental Illness
Back To Sanity: Healing the Madness of Our Minds
Ham on Rye
Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania
Memories, Dreams, Reflections
Mavericks
Murder in Amsterdam: The Death of Theo van Gogh and the Limits of Tolerance
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
I Bought a Mountain
Hovel in the Hills: An Account of the Simple Life
Ring of Bright Water
The Thirty-Nine Steps
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Seat of the Soul


David Williams's favorite books »

Bottom of the Ottoman