Cymru/Wales: Bipolar Nation

Total Pageviews

Friday 1 January 2021

New Year New Blog Post

 


Blwyddyn Newydd Dda & Happy New Year my Covid-19 lockdown chums. Gorra start 2021 with a Blog post seeing as I started Shark Fishing in Wales in 2012. Move the numbers around? Spooky or what? 

Yes I've been at it for nigh on a decade, the longest that I've stopped at anything probably because I love spouting shite. I would say that I've got 20 regulars. Invisible personages who would rather cut off a limb than miss one of my missives. Any number over that is gravy as far as I'm concerned.

My guest blog posts always get a good turn out so if you are a personage of integrity and you fancy doing a bit of self publicity for you and your idealistic cause then drop me a line here at Shark Fishing HQ, the big building in Cardiff with the shark fin on the roof. No, not the Senedd naughty.

Talking of which, sometime this year, May or October, dependent on the somersaulting multi variant virus there will be Senedd Elections. The usual suspects namely Labour, Conservative, Plaid Cymru, possibly Lib Dems if they still exist will be joined by a group of punctilious, pugnacious political pugilists namely Gwlad, the WNP, the Greens and the BDSM party (Abolish the Assembly) 

When I last looked the UKIP didn't exist. They morphed into the Brexit Party that morphed into a dog turd that was cleaned up outside the Senedd building by Cardiff Cleansing. 

I worked for a brief period for Cardiff Cleansing before transferring to Cardiff Parks Department. Both fresh air jobs that brought me into contact with 'real people'. The only candidate as far as I can see that understands what 'real people' want is Neil McEvoy of the WNP who is attacked and undermined at every turn by Plaid Cymru, the Party of Wales who are more concerned about the name he calls his party than about the integrity of their own.

Now Jeremy Corbyn has been shunted aside by Keith Starmer I have lost all interest in Labour. Welsh Labour or rather Drakeford in particular aided and abetted by the inscrutable Vaughan Gething have done the best job possible under unbelievable pressure and extra-ordinary circumstances. McEvoy keeps taking swipes at him but I imagine that is more because he will be contesting against him in the elections on the fair lawns of Fairwater rather than a deep seated love of the hospitality industry. The blue meanies of the Welsh Conservatives are what hot air was named after. I'm sure Andrew RT Davies was just practicing in 2020 for the annual blowing on the Christmas pudding.

I hope that a 'Green' is voted into the Senedd for the first time. How you can have a National Assembly in 2021 without a Green Voice beggars belief.

As for the Shark Fisherman there's no point reminiscing about 2020. It was a shit year for all of us and if it wasn't then you are probably somebody providing PPE for your Tory contacts. One thing I will say is that in my January 7th post of 2020 it was as if I was prophesying the events that were to unfold. The last paragraph in particular. Check it out here. 

What does 2021 hold for the Shark Fisherman of Wales? Well I shall continue to write Ken Frane short stories, I shall continue to create podcasts with my crappy microphone and I will continue to write blog posts here. Anything else is gravy baby!


Further Reading

https://sharkfishinginwales.blogspot.com/2016/05/assembly-asides.html



       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Death by Taxes

"Individuals and businesses not paying the tax they should deprives the government of the funding it needs to provide vital public serv...

Blog Archive

Bottom of the Ottoman

Hitler navigates the A487 from Aberaeron to Aberystwyth

Goodreads

David's books

How To Be Idle
Second Sight
Freud: The Key Ideas
The Yellow World
Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
Going Mad?: Understanding Mental Illness
Back To Sanity: Healing the Madness of Our Minds
Ham on Rye
Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania
Memories, Dreams, Reflections
Mavericks
Murder in Amsterdam: The Death of Theo van Gogh and the Limits of Tolerance
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
I Bought a Mountain
Hovel in the Hills: An Account of the Simple Life
Ring of Bright Water
The Thirty-Nine Steps
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Seat of the Soul


David Williams's favorite books »

Bottom of the Ottoman