Cymru/Wales: Bipolar Nation

Total Pageviews

Thursday 8 August 2019

I could be dangerous


Hi, I'm David, I have bipolar disorder and Pure OCD (Intrusive Thoughts) so of course I have considered a mass shooting on occasion but I don't have access to a repeat action shotgun.

These incidents we are seeing time and time again in America are not the result of mental illness. They are a product of easy access to guns. #ICouldBeDangerous

There is a slight difference in the sentiments expressed by myself and Cara Lisette. I am white and I am a male. I don't feel entitled but probably am and I never think about being white. This must make me a supremacist.

It is all very well for the Grand Wizard of Looney Toons, Donald Trump to say that people who commit these mass shootings are seriously mentally ill but if they didn't have access to guns, whatever their motivation, hatred, ideology their actions would come to nothing because they would not have access to the tools required to kill so many people. They could use acid, knives, machetes but their range and scale would be limited. 

One thing that I will admit to unlike all these women posting is that #ICouldBeDangerous and that is not macho posturing, that is honesty but people do not want to hear honest opinions especially if they feel that it threatens their 'safe space'.

I have done Prison Time for using threatening language and being off my tits in a public space. I was in the maelstrom of a Drug Induced Psychosis but I was not aware of that fact. I did not have any weapons of mass destruction on my person, but I might have done. The Police Officer Tazering you is not to know that you are a 'nice enough bloke' when you are not off your tits.  

It is guns and not the mentally ill that have to be addressed in America. It has to be an insane society based on Capitalist Greed and Acquisition to have so much mental illness in the first place. Get Rid of the Guns Donald Trump or Get Rid of Yourself.


Further Reading
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Death by Taxes

"Individuals and businesses not paying the tax they should deprives the government of the funding it needs to provide vital public serv...

Blog Archive

Bottom of the Ottoman

Hitler navigates the A487 from Aberaeron to Aberystwyth

Goodreads

David's books

How To Be Idle
Second Sight
Freud: The Key Ideas
The Yellow World
Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
Going Mad?: Understanding Mental Illness
Back To Sanity: Healing the Madness of Our Minds
Ham on Rye
Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania
Memories, Dreams, Reflections
Mavericks
Murder in Amsterdam: The Death of Theo van Gogh and the Limits of Tolerance
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
I Bought a Mountain
Hovel in the Hills: An Account of the Simple Life
Ring of Bright Water
The Thirty-Nine Steps
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Seat of the Soul


David Williams's favorite books »

Bottom of the Ottoman