Cymru/Wales: Bipolar Nation

Total Pageviews

Monday 27 April 2015

Phoneaphobic


I hate talking on the phone, I despise receiving calls. I'm not sure why this is. It wasn't always like this. I think it's linked to my complete loss of confidence. I don't want Supply Teaching Agencies contacting me offering work because even though the money would be useful I cannot multi task. I have been without the mobile for the last 3 weeks or rather I have been without the charger, the unit that supplies the power to allow people to bother me. I'm sorry to say that even when friends phone I am unlikely to answer. Texting is preferable to speaking because I am unlikely to agree to something that I don't want to agree to. People can doorstep you over the phone.

  
It's very rarely that I will answer the door as well. Compared to people I know, I wouldn't describe myself as particularly introverted but I am withdrawn and I am wounded and a political canvasser or Jehova's Wittnesses will, despite their best intentions, receive a F off through the letterbox or a 'non-dom' reply. I don't live here. I think it's linked to my historical inability to say no to people. I was a people pleaser and now I don't want to please anybody apart from myself. Your brain becomes hard wired and in the animal kingdom salespeople can smell a soft touch so I won't go anywhere where my decision making will be compromised. Cold Callers don't call anymore because they know I am really Cold. So if you didn't know before, this is 'Hello-Goodbye'.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Death by Taxes

"Individuals and businesses not paying the tax they should deprives the government of the funding it needs to provide vital public serv...

Blog Archive

Bottom of the Ottoman

Hitler navigates the A487 from Aberaeron to Aberystwyth

Goodreads

David's books

How To Be Idle
Second Sight
Freud: The Key Ideas
The Yellow World
Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
Going Mad?: Understanding Mental Illness
Back To Sanity: Healing the Madness of Our Minds
Ham on Rye
Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania
Memories, Dreams, Reflections
Mavericks
Murder in Amsterdam: The Death of Theo van Gogh and the Limits of Tolerance
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
I Bought a Mountain
Hovel in the Hills: An Account of the Simple Life
Ring of Bright Water
The Thirty-Nine Steps
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Seat of the Soul


David Williams's favorite books »

Bottom of the Ottoman