Cymru/Wales: Bipolar Nation

Total Pageviews

Saturday 22 November 2014

Black Spot on a Leaf







Black spot on a leaf, next to Hampstead Heath 

I was expecting his orchestra to strike up 

but I wasn't on the sunny side of the street


I was lost

I was looking for the head of Karl Marx

and was thinking how wonderful it would be if when I arrived,

 a band would be playing the peoples flag is deepest red.

There is something about the sound of a dance band

with its trumpets full of melancholy

that make me think that I've been here before.

On this earth.

life is like an aircraft hangar 

and you're all on your own.

You either empty it 

or fill it.

In April 1956 Heath arranged his first American tour

During the tour, Nat King Cole was attacked on stage in Birmingham, Alabama by a group of white segregationists.

 Heath was so appalled he nearly canceled the remainder of the tour but was persuaded by Cole to continue.

He performed continuously and successfully until his health faltered in 1964 suffering a cerebral thrombosis on his 62nd birthday and collapsing on stage in Cardiff.

Which reminds me I have a bus to catch,

I hope I'm sat next to Rosa Parks.

2 comments:

  1. Mae'ch gwaith bob tro yn ddifyr iawn, chwarae teg i chwi, MR.B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diolch am eich sylwad MRS J! Difyr yn gair arall am 'obscure' :-)

    ReplyDelete

Death by Taxes

"Individuals and businesses not paying the tax they should deprives the government of the funding it needs to provide vital public serv...

Blog Archive

Bottom of the Ottoman

Hitler navigates the A487 from Aberaeron to Aberystwyth

Goodreads

David's books

How To Be Idle
Second Sight
Freud: The Key Ideas
The Yellow World
Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
Going Mad?: Understanding Mental Illness
Back To Sanity: Healing the Madness of Our Minds
Ham on Rye
Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania
Memories, Dreams, Reflections
Mavericks
Murder in Amsterdam: The Death of Theo van Gogh and the Limits of Tolerance
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
I Bought a Mountain
Hovel in the Hills: An Account of the Simple Life
Ring of Bright Water
The Thirty-Nine Steps
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Seat of the Soul


David Williams's favorite books »

Bottom of the Ottoman