Cymru/Wales: Bipolar Nation

Total Pageviews

Friday 10 January 2014

Emotion over Logic!

I don't deal in facts or logic. I deal in vibe, intuition and emotion. Maybe that's why I am in the pickle I am in. I am a fantasist who finds succour in the esoteric realms. In a strange kind of way I admire pragmatists and realists but I don't envy them because its very unlikely that they will go crazy.
I agree with Charles Bukowski.
I don't think that pragmatists and realists actually think that they are going to die! If you know that you are ultimately going to die, then at some point in your life I believe that it is important, if not essential, to go crazy. If this can be done in a controlled environment then all the better. It is important to plan your craziness rather than have craziness thrust upon you. I know, I speak from experience. I think that my 'psychosis' which is defined as a psychological break from reality was my opportunity to come to terms with my own mortality. I am over 40 and I think about my own death and demise every single day. Is that pathological? Maybe? Does it stop me from achieving, competing, trying? Yes, quite possibly. I mean if we are ultimately going to die, then what is the point of trying? To get a better obituary?  
People who deal in the mundane, the trivia, must think they are going to live forever! The immortal twenties and the slowing down and slow realisation in your thirties. Life is a gift! Surrounded by the cities' skyscrapers, the noise and bustle, it doesn't feel like it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Death by Taxes

"Individuals and businesses not paying the tax they should deprives the government of the funding it needs to provide vital public serv...

Blog Archive

Bottom of the Ottoman

Hitler navigates the A487 from Aberaeron to Aberystwyth

Goodreads

David's books

How To Be Idle
Second Sight
Freud: The Key Ideas
The Yellow World
Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
Going Mad?: Understanding Mental Illness
Back To Sanity: Healing the Madness of Our Minds
Ham on Rye
Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania
Memories, Dreams, Reflections
Mavericks
Murder in Amsterdam: The Death of Theo van Gogh and the Limits of Tolerance
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
I Bought a Mountain
Hovel in the Hills: An Account of the Simple Life
Ring of Bright Water
The Thirty-Nine Steps
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Seat of the Soul


David Williams's favorite books »

Bottom of the Ottoman