Cymru/Wales: Bipolar Nation

Total Pageviews

Wednesday 22 February 2012

Atos


Well I only had my last one in October 2011 and now they have sent me another Questionnaire....in English only. I told them last time that the English Language was an Oppression and I wanted to conduct the Interrogation in Welsh. I was told, that they would have to bring down a Doctor from Bangor to Cardiff if I wanted that to happen. Well, I didn't want to put them to any trouble! I'd made my point. I turned up at the Government Buildings, St Agnes Buildings, Gabalfa, Kairdiff and the first thing I was asked "Do I want to claim Travel Expenses?" "No thank you, I walked", I replied. I waited for twenty minutes, when a peroxide blonde marched into the office behind the reception counter and with the door open, proceeded to read my notes out to the people inside. Rather embarrassed I looked around the waiting room. I could hear what I had put down on the form being read out! The receptionist had already been to sit next to me to apologise that they couldn't conduct the interview in Welsh. Then PB (Peroxide Blonde) marches out, 'Mr Williams'. I wasn't sure whether she'd pronounced it with a V. Once through the double doors I said " Before we begin I'd like to put on record that you have broken my confidentiality by reading out my notes in a public place."
"I hope you understand that I won't be able to conduct this interview in Welsh", she said "I don't speak Welsh". Well this official had got my dander up good and proper so I answered her questions looking at the floor with my arms folded. At conclusion, as I left a scene reminiscent of 'The Great Escape' where Richard Attenborough and Gordon Jackson get on the bus and the Gestapo say "Good Luck"!





And Gordon replies in his Scottish brogue " Thank you!" forgetting that he was an escaped P.O.W.
Well this Frauhlein at the door says to me "Your the fittest person, I've seen today". I turned around and replied in a Darth Vader voice "Physically maybe, but not Mentally" 
That was in October and it is February 21st today and they have sent me another form, in English, so Bollocks to them. I have answered all the questions this time in my native tongue. It is obvious that they don't believe me. It's obvious that they don't trust me. Well bring your person down from Bangor, I shall have my next interrogation in my native tongue 'Arbeit Macht Frei'



No comments:

Post a Comment

Death by Taxes

"Individuals and businesses not paying the tax they should deprives the government of the funding it needs to provide vital public serv...

Blog Archive

Bottom of the Ottoman

Hitler navigates the A487 from Aberaeron to Aberystwyth

Goodreads

David's books

How To Be Idle
Second Sight
Freud: The Key Ideas
The Yellow World
Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
Going Mad?: Understanding Mental Illness
Back To Sanity: Healing the Madness of Our Minds
Ham on Rye
Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania
Memories, Dreams, Reflections
Mavericks
Murder in Amsterdam: The Death of Theo van Gogh and the Limits of Tolerance
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
I Bought a Mountain
Hovel in the Hills: An Account of the Simple Life
Ring of Bright Water
The Thirty-Nine Steps
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Seat of the Soul


David Williams's favorite books »

Bottom of the Ottoman