Cymru/Wales: Bipolar Nation

Total Pageviews

Friday 27 January 2012

Advanced Directive

advance directives and advance statements are important mechanisms for safeguarding and promoting a patient’s interests and health. An advance directive allows a person to refuse specific treatment in the future should they lose capacity to consent. Advance statements are a means of giving details of the care and treatment a patient would like to receive should they lose capacity at some time in the future, including whom they wish to act as a nominated 
person.




If I should play the ukelele, naked in the snow and rain.

If I should continue to bang my head despite the pain.

If I should scream in Russian at passing cars.

If I should play Grand Piano in smokey old Jazz Bars.

If I should dress like Napoleon and wear Wellington's Boots.

If I should jump on shooting stars and wear lime green zoot suits.

If I should join the army at forty two, raid the pantry and paint my head blue.

If I should cry "God for Harry, England and St George" whilst on a day trip to Cheddar Gorge.

If I should write a sonnet, then place a black tulip upon it.

If I should drink White Lightning, then gurgle something rather frightening.

If I should take the neighbour's cat on a World Cruise, bet Tiddles in Blackjack and then lose.

If I should write abusive letters to the Western Mail, christen vicars and wind up in jail.

Then Dear Sir/Madam...please let me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Death by Taxes

"Individuals and businesses not paying the tax they should deprives the government of the funding it needs to provide vital public serv...

Blog Archive

Bottom of the Ottoman

Hitler navigates the A487 from Aberaeron to Aberystwyth

Goodreads

David's books

How To Be Idle
Second Sight
Freud: The Key Ideas
The Yellow World
Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
Going Mad?: Understanding Mental Illness
Back To Sanity: Healing the Madness of Our Minds
Ham on Rye
Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania
Memories, Dreams, Reflections
Mavericks
Murder in Amsterdam: The Death of Theo van Gogh and the Limits of Tolerance
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
I Bought a Mountain
Hovel in the Hills: An Account of the Simple Life
Ring of Bright Water
The Thirty-Nine Steps
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Seat of the Soul


David Williams's favorite books »

Bottom of the Ottoman