Cymru/Wales: Bipolar Nation

Total Pageviews

Friday 26 February 2021

Fifty F*****G Five

 


I usually write a shitty little poem to mark the event but this time I will go the whole hog Mogg and write a blog post for the delight and delectation of my loyal blog followers. January 2022 will be the 10th Anniversary of this Independent Boutique Blog and on Monday next, St David's Day I will be 55 years of age and I have just received an early birthday present from the Department of Work and Pensions.

Non Welsh speakers will be able to ascertain that they are looking to recoup the Universal Credit that they paid me between January 2019 and Christmas 2020. The case has gone to appeal and I am asking NOT to pay the amount back because my employer is the DWP which pays me £67.25 a week Carers' Allowance which they will have to recoup from that should they pursue this claim to the bitter end. I won't bore you with the details here but you can follow the case in the links in Further Reading.

I'm probably coming across a bit like Alex Salmond here. I feel very aggrieved at the Department of Work and Pensions course of action. I had exactly the same trouble with HMRC when they tried to recoup the Working Tax Credits they paid me. I had to ask the Cardiff South Mental Health team who had the misfortune to have me as one of their clients for a letter to tell them that I am severely mentally impaired (Bipolar Disorder)

My beef is with the system. "Don't pay people benefits if you are going to try and recoup them after two years. Find some poxy excuse to refuse the benefit payment rather than put the claimant/client through mental torture two years down the line."

I don't have the amount stated any more even though the DWP and their snoopers insist that I do. I will not be paying this 'alleged' debt and as somebody who has been to Prison before for their Mental Health I will go again to serve the time that equates to the amount stated.

I am a Full Time Carer for a 102 year old man and a 93 year old bed bound woman. My father and mother. I am an unpaid carer saving social services and the treasury a wee fortune. I made the claim for Universal Credit in January 2019 in GOOD FAITH having seen a carer from Gwent on BBC Wales state that he was receiving Carers' Allowance and Universal Credit.

The point I am making and will continue to make is that you cannot live on £67.25 a week even if you are in lock down and not going anywhere.

My mental health has been compromised by the DWP and HMRC but they don't care about that. The wee man in Belfast or Wolverhampton only cares about the bonus he is on should he be able to recoup Tax Payers' Money.

I'm not looking for your sympathy. I'm just putting it out there that unless Universal Basic Income is introduced into the UK then many like me will fall through the net of the Welfare State and be continuously subjected to this persecution.  



Happy St David's Day one and all.

Further Reading

https://sharkfishinginwales.blogspot.com/2020/03/carers-pittance-universal-discredit.html

https://sharkfishinginwales.blogspot.com/2016/12/hmrcadvantisworkingtaxcredits.html

https://sharkfishinginwales.blogspot.com/2017/05/insult-to-injury.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Death by Taxes

"Individuals and businesses not paying the tax they should deprives the government of the funding it needs to provide vital public serv...

Blog Archive

Bottom of the Ottoman

Hitler navigates the A487 from Aberaeron to Aberystwyth

Goodreads

David's books

How To Be Idle
Second Sight
Freud: The Key Ideas
The Yellow World
Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
Going Mad?: Understanding Mental Illness
Back To Sanity: Healing the Madness of Our Minds
Ham on Rye
Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania
Memories, Dreams, Reflections
Mavericks
Murder in Amsterdam: The Death of Theo van Gogh and the Limits of Tolerance
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
I Bought a Mountain
Hovel in the Hills: An Account of the Simple Life
Ring of Bright Water
The Thirty-Nine Steps
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Seat of the Soul


David Williams's favorite books »

Bottom of the Ottoman