Cymru/Wales: Bipolar Nation

Total Pageviews

Friday 24 April 2020

I'm not leaving lockdown




I'm not leaving lockdown.
What are we? 4 weeks in?
I'm loving it,
It's like living in sin.

It's like life has come to meet me on my terms
no crowds, no noise, no fuss
just loads and loads of empty bus
at this rate I'll be able to throw away me truss.

I know Drakeford and Hancock
will finally bend
to the Capitalist Bastards and their friend
Captain Dettol has just tweeted and pressed send

Bozo the Clown is back on Monday
I bet that will be a fun day
Are we getting blase about the daily death rate?
Human's boredom threshold is quite a state

I didn't go out and clap last night
first time, I'm sorry, I'm ashamed,
can't explain it really
Just say Porthcawl is best.

No when they ease the lockdown or call it a truce
I'm going to be like one of those Japanese soldiers
staying in my island room like a Hikikomori
long after the war is oe'r.

Cos what we've come from was never normal
Despite killing thousands, Covid 19 has done us a favour
by giving us a flavour of what life is like without the madness
of business, of retail, of traffic congestion, of school.

You see, we just couldn't get off the roundabout
long after the magic had gone.
Florence and Dougal were looking grey and faded
and Zebedee had lost his spring.


But you, the 'normals', you have a chance, a choice
to make life so much better by being kinder, mindful and softer
and yes, that includes you men.
"Go placidly amid the noise and haste"  I'm not leaving lockdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Death by Taxes

"Individuals and businesses not paying the tax they should deprives the government of the funding it needs to provide vital public serv...

Blog Archive

Bottom of the Ottoman

Hitler navigates the A487 from Aberaeron to Aberystwyth

Goodreads

David's books

How To Be Idle
Second Sight
Freud: The Key Ideas
The Yellow World
Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
Going Mad?: Understanding Mental Illness
Back To Sanity: Healing the Madness of Our Minds
Ham on Rye
Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania
Memories, Dreams, Reflections
Mavericks
Murder in Amsterdam: The Death of Theo van Gogh and the Limits of Tolerance
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
I Bought a Mountain
Hovel in the Hills: An Account of the Simple Life
Ring of Bright Water
The Thirty-Nine Steps
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Seat of the Soul


David Williams's favorite books »

Bottom of the Ottoman