Cymru/Wales: Bipolar Nation

Total Pageviews

Monday 22 July 2019

Call me Old Fashioned




Call me old fashioned
but those who have no time
for politeness and manners
have no time for me.
Not that I possess either in abundance
but it is those 
who just fall out of bed and greet you as stranger than strange as if you are standing stark bollock naked in their front room and they are the ones who are affronted.
Let us engage in a little foreplay
Don't greet me like the twat who wronged you all those years ago.
But please greet me in some shape or form.
If I say "Good Morning" or even better "Bore Da", please reply
If I hold the door open for you please say "Thank you" or even better "Diolch yn fawr"
Some kind of acknowledgement to a shy introvert goes a long way.
I know that we live in a 24/7 Drive - Thru World where looking at others as if they are shit on your shoe is easier than remembering those who have been ignorant to you. 
But we have to make an effort? Or don't we?
Perhaps we have been brought up incorrectly,
to put others before ourselves?
They never said we should, but we assumed it.
Perhaps there is a critical mass that despise people pleasers.
These are the wheeler dealers who know the truth
That you must only have time for those you love
or those who you think love you.
Dog eat Dog & "Diwedd y gân yw’r geiniog"
Well I wish that dog would eat the coin.
Call me old fashioned
but those who have no time
for politeness and manners
have no time for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Death by Taxes

"Individuals and businesses not paying the tax they should deprives the government of the funding it needs to provide vital public serv...

Blog Archive

Bottom of the Ottoman

Hitler navigates the A487 from Aberaeron to Aberystwyth

Goodreads

David's books

How To Be Idle
Second Sight
Freud: The Key Ideas
The Yellow World
Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
Going Mad?: Understanding Mental Illness
Back To Sanity: Healing the Madness of Our Minds
Ham on Rye
Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania
Memories, Dreams, Reflections
Mavericks
Murder in Amsterdam: The Death of Theo van Gogh and the Limits of Tolerance
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
I Bought a Mountain
Hovel in the Hills: An Account of the Simple Life
Ring of Bright Water
The Thirty-Nine Steps
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Seat of the Soul


David Williams's favorite books »

Bottom of the Ottoman