Cymru/Wales: Bipolar Nation

Total Pageviews

Tuesday 25 April 2017

Work Camps



I wanted to write another blog post about work and whilst potching about ont internet came across the above picture and page. Canada in the Depression. Many unemployed men and a suspected Communist plot. Not dissimilar to today's situation in the UK. St Theresa of the Roses tells us that this is the most important General Election for 60 years but I don't think that this Government can really call itself right wing or they would have organised a Work Camps Project for all the benefit scroungers in the UK. Instead of these lazy, feckless single people claiming £72.10 in benefit payments, they could be picked up every Monday morning and returned to their hovels on a Friday night. This valuable public purse in exchange for some graft, some hard toil. I haven't worked for 11 years and I needed such a program to give me some discipline and focus. Instead I have been left to my own devices and I have fallen into the trap of becoming creative and writing books of poetry, a wasteful past time that benefits nobody. I could have been picking raspberries or root vegetables.  
I could have been digging for victory.
What does happen to this invisible army that used to fill up the reading rooms at public libraries and now hog all the computers? Why are they being allowed to waste their lives by a totalitarian right wing government? The blue rinse and tank top brigade didn't return David Cameron and his successor St Theresa to subsidize me and my fellow wastrels. I can't believe that I am writing this but I have been allowed to rot because I have shown signs of Mental Illness in English and in Welsh. I am a loony tune and wallgof and the truth is I would now be dead if I had had to carry on in the 9-5, wall to wall work and binge drinking culture so beloved of soulless automata that don't know any better. The trouble is that I am now a drain on the welfare state. I wouldn't know how to set about earning money if you showed me! Well I would but I also would have done a cost benefit equation and realized that the hours and remuneration offered would not satisfy my soul so I would rather volunteer my time at a work camp, Monday-Friday in return for Benefit, instead of wasting everybody's time doing a job search on You Gov for jobs that don't exist. 
I discovered today that Carer's Allowance has gone up 60p a week under this Tory Government and am now conflicted because we have been told that like Canada in the 1930's that Jeremy Corbyn is being sponsored and supported by the Communist Party. People shouldn't be worried about Reds under the Beds anymore because now they have made their way into your beds.    

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Death by Taxes

"Individuals and businesses not paying the tax they should deprives the government of the funding it needs to provide vital public serv...

Blog Archive

Bottom of the Ottoman

Hitler navigates the A487 from Aberaeron to Aberystwyth

Goodreads

David's books

How To Be Idle
Second Sight
Freud: The Key Ideas
The Yellow World
Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
Going Mad?: Understanding Mental Illness
Back To Sanity: Healing the Madness of Our Minds
Ham on Rye
Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania
Memories, Dreams, Reflections
Mavericks
Murder in Amsterdam: The Death of Theo van Gogh and the Limits of Tolerance
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
I Bought a Mountain
Hovel in the Hills: An Account of the Simple Life
Ring of Bright Water
The Thirty-Nine Steps
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Seat of the Soul


David Williams's favorite books »

Bottom of the Ottoman