Cymru/Wales: Bipolar Nation

Total Pageviews

Thursday 6 November 2014

Cars & TVs







Cars & TVs. We need to get rid of them if you are serious about climate change and media bias. Now, I'm not prone to conspiracies BUT think about the first event that was filmed and broadcast widely in colour? Queen Elizabeth II of England's Coronation. Long to reign over us, she surely has. We've been force fed establishment propaganda since that day. The Queen's speech on Christmas Day when we are all at our lowest ebb having fallen out with family, she reminds us that there has always been something solid and reliable in our lives! She won't let us down even if the presents and our family do. Why won't they get rid of the Cars and Gas Guzzlers that are ruining the ozone layer? Because they are just too darned convenient. Like the TV, we've got used to them. Also the Car Manufacturing industry employs so many people. It's a monster, a leviathan that cannot be stopped.
God, if we got rid of the Car and TV, then we might have to walk places and speak to people, we might have to attend live theatre because that will be where the TV actors are all employed. They are all employed to entertain you, to divert you from political thought. Dr Who is an agent of the Government! He wants you inside on a Saturday night instead of out there on the streets, agitating with nothing more than a flask of tea in your hand because what I am advocating in this Blog Post is rationing and abstinence. Together we can cut our consumption! Together we can bring the economy to its knees and then lets see what will happen.
If the economy crumbles will the world end? Will we end up eating eachother or simply greeting eachother? "I've seen you passing in your car, I didn't think you had legs". "I've walked passed your house many times, the TV is always on".
Many people say they have the TV on for company! What a damning indictment of the human condition when you have to pay £145.00 a year for 'company'. "Well, at least the Television won't judge me, it won't rip me off, it won't belittle me, it won't threaten me, it won't compete with me, it won't make me paranoid". No?
I am prepared to lead by example. I've got rid of one and I've only got the other one in case of emergencies. You can guess which one I'm sure! Yes I have an emergency television under the stairs in case I have to watch Strictly come Dancing! We are all here for such a short time, we are being divided and conquered by items that give us a false sense of freedom.         


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Death by Taxes

"Individuals and businesses not paying the tax they should deprives the government of the funding it needs to provide vital public serv...

Blog Archive

Bottom of the Ottoman

Hitler navigates the A487 from Aberaeron to Aberystwyth

Goodreads

David's books

How To Be Idle
Second Sight
Freud: The Key Ideas
The Yellow World
Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
Going Mad?: Understanding Mental Illness
Back To Sanity: Healing the Madness of Our Minds
Ham on Rye
Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania
Memories, Dreams, Reflections
Mavericks
Murder in Amsterdam: The Death of Theo van Gogh and the Limits of Tolerance
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
I Bought a Mountain
Hovel in the Hills: An Account of the Simple Life
Ring of Bright Water
The Thirty-Nine Steps
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Seat of the Soul


David Williams's favorite books »

Bottom of the Ottoman