Cymru/Wales: Bipolar Nation

Total Pageviews

Monday 6 August 2012

Who Moved My Caws/Cheese?

I spent about an hour this afternoon in Newport Library reading the above book! It's a revelation and at £5.99 a snip, but you won't find me spending rare benefit money (tax payer's money) on self help books. It's all about mice and cheeses and moving on to look for more and different cheeses. The Welsh for cheese is caws as in caws Caerffili. I return again to the 'Diff' wondering if I have spent too long here in my smelly cheese! I'm ready to go and find new caws! It's the process of moving out of your comfort zone! It is my intention and I state it publicly here to move, to re-locate Red Button Theatre & Film Co-operative but to where? At the moment it's a Toss Up between Liverpool and London! I need to move my Cheese. When I was unconscious or clinically depressed I didn't realise how many people appeared to be so also, for it is a very selfish and unforgiving condition, ego filled! Now that I am passing through the dark night of the soul, I am realising how many people actually look desperate, how many are putting a brave face on it and how few appear to be at peace! Or maybe that was just Newport!                  It's all in the Face and in the Eyes. 
Aha! We've got him now: "The grass is always greener on the other side." I made the mistake in the past of moving before I was psychologically ready and I was bitten but generally I did have a better time when I was t'other side of Offa's Dyke. I don't know why but I feel compelled to play a role here in Cymru Fach! 6 Degrees of Welshness and I'm bored of it, I'm tired! With the Eisteddfod in full swing, it is the time that I do not feel fully Welsh because even though I speako the same lingo as those walking about in their bright wellies I don't feel that I have anything in common with them. We are all human beings though right? Humans are so tribal! Nation States, Cities, Towns and their Football Clubs and Colours.

 


By writing this I am convincing myself that moving is the right thing to do but why move to Liverpool or London to be the same person that I am in Cardiff ?  Facebook is the same in any language so the biggest Caws we have to move is our own Psychological Cheese.
In my case I have to improve my attitude towards wealth and wealth creation. I have just never seen the point in it! I am a single man with no dependents. What do I want wealth for? To fill the existential, God shaped hole perhaps? Look in the Mirror and tell yourself that you love yourself so it won't matter whether you are in Las Vegas, Darlington, Bootle, Fochriw or Rio! Learn to love yourself, appreciate yourself, value yourself and then move your cheese!

 Cheers Cheese!   



1 comment:

  1. Great post Dave! I might just check it out myself!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Death by Taxes

"Individuals and businesses not paying the tax they should deprives the government of the funding it needs to provide vital public serv...

Blog Archive

Bottom of the Ottoman

Hitler navigates the A487 from Aberaeron to Aberystwyth

Goodreads

David's books

How To Be Idle
Second Sight
Freud: The Key Ideas
The Yellow World
Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
Going Mad?: Understanding Mental Illness
Back To Sanity: Healing the Madness of Our Minds
Ham on Rye
Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania
Memories, Dreams, Reflections
Mavericks
Murder in Amsterdam: The Death of Theo van Gogh and the Limits of Tolerance
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
I Bought a Mountain
Hovel in the Hills: An Account of the Simple Life
Ring of Bright Water
The Thirty-Nine Steps
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Seat of the Soul


David Williams's favorite books »

Bottom of the Ottoman