Cymru/Wales: Bipolar Nation

Total Pageviews

Sunday 26 August 2012

Cheeky!

I've been a bit cheeky! I've put the Logo for the Wales Blog Awards on my Blog without their permission. The deadline has passed and I have no idea whether I will be standing up on that podium with an inflateable shark in one hand and a bronze statuette in the other on September 20th folks. You will be hearing about it on Twitter and on Facebook and even possibly on Tumblr. I hope you're following me on there also.
I hope that you've realised that by now I am not trying to sell you anything apart from a philosophy of honesty and cheekiness. I know I'm pushing the boundaries for a Middle Aged Man. There I've said it. "I am Middle Aged". I am age obsessed because I am coming to terms with my lost youth, a youth that was stolen by Bipolar Disorder. I am now preparing my mind for DEATH because it could be around the next corner and I want to be ready for the Fucker. For all my best intentions, spirituality interests, meditation friendly, New Age leaning I am a pretty Neanderthal, unreconstructed male. Overthinking and essentially useless but I would be rather chuffed if my words and phraseology were acknowledged in some respect. Don't you think the obituary pages in the Western Mail are horrendous? Hatch, Match and Despatch!
Your surname, your age and where you passed away. Where you Died!   Death like Mental Illness are perhaps not the font of most blog posts but both are organic. One where the body shuts down and the other where the brain has decided not to function to the norms of polite society. Let's talk taboo! What is going on in people's minds as they move towards Death. The Race to the Grave. Bring it on.com! Is it weariness? Should we not all be preparing for not being here and for nothingness. Is it not irresponsible not to!
"Oooh you morbid bastard!" Well it's a Sunday. The Day of Death: 'Dia De los Muertos'. I really think that we would be a lot better off if we as a society faced death head on together. Have a Day of the Dead like the Mexicans! Go into the Graveyards and celebrate our ancestors. Lie and Sleep on the Gravestones. Let's get used to the smell of cremation. Then perhaps,just perhaps we won't be so afraid of LIFE.
Diwrnod y Meirw
Welsh Stylee Aiee!

1 comment:

  1. I've taken it off now because I didn't make the shortlist! Surprise Surprise Cilla! Maukie the Virtual Cat is bereft!

    ReplyDelete

Death by Taxes

"Individuals and businesses not paying the tax they should deprives the government of the funding it needs to provide vital public serv...

Blog Archive

Bottom of the Ottoman

Hitler navigates the A487 from Aberaeron to Aberystwyth

Goodreads

David's books

How To Be Idle
Second Sight
Freud: The Key Ideas
The Yellow World
Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
Going Mad?: Understanding Mental Illness
Back To Sanity: Healing the Madness of Our Minds
Ham on Rye
Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania
Memories, Dreams, Reflections
Mavericks
Murder in Amsterdam: The Death of Theo van Gogh and the Limits of Tolerance
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
I Bought a Mountain
Hovel in the Hills: An Account of the Simple Life
Ring of Bright Water
The Thirty-Nine Steps
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Seat of the Soul


David Williams's favorite books »

Bottom of the Ottoman