Cymru/Wales: Bipolar Nation

Total Pageviews

Monday 19 March 2012

My Baby is Two Months Old Today!


Sharkfishinginwales.blogspot.com is two months old today. In that short time, the blog has been visited 1971 times. I am a Perfectionist so I was hoping that it would have made the 2000 mark but perhaps I've sat back on my laurels. This is an opportunity to assess what has been going on so far.
Some might consider sharkfishinginwales.blogspot.com is just a grumpy old man venting his spleen. A Post Mid-Life Crisis for a specimen often ignored on the streets. That grey middle aged man that you looked through a moment ago might have been me, so what? Do I count? I might have looked through you. I'll admit that now I do walk about with blinkers on. I can't take it all in because it would phase me. I had one too many coffees this morning and even though my tolerance has risen for the bean, caffeine is really a bit of a no no for us Bipolars. Oh you'd forgotten I was Bipolar hadn't you! Well so had I! But when I do and something happens then I quickly remind myself of all the unpleasant experiences I had as an undiagnosed Manic Depressive and then I just walk on by! Now I let life happen to other people. I'm scared to take any risks or to let my hair down (don't laugh) in case I get into trouble with the police.
They say "If you want to be wealthy, what in your present life are you prepared to give up ?"
I realised that having had my freedom taken away, my liberty stolen because of my Mental Health Condition, then I would forego wealth to be free. You don't appreciate your health till you've lost it and the same with your freedom. I won't go into details here. The story of my life in captivity is covered in another blog and I am hoping ( I've signed the contract) that it might appear in ebook and paperback book form in 2012/2013. Soooo you might say that sharkfishinginwales.blogspot.com is a wee sweetener! So the reader might a get a feel for my writing style. Do you like my self depreciating writing style? At times our thoughts can appear so dark that the only way to change perception is by injecting some humor. I'm hoping that whoever reads my blog posts thinks about  'opinions'. Mine have certainly changed over the years but its wondering what to do with them.  Being Controversial is easy behind the anonymity of the odd shark or seven as A.A Gill might attest to. Maybe who I am trying to reach through these short missives are the people who used to think like me. There can't be many of them. It was unsophisticated black and white thinking, someone who was described on more than one occasion as an extremist. Now I hope that because I have died and been re-born in the Spiritual but not Judeo-Christian sense, that I am hoofing it in the shades of grey. What does piss me off is my psychology and how I was swimming in Treacle for so many years, decades.

Is it a feasible wish, to want people to wake up sooner?


3 comments:

  1. If these blogs are a sweetener, I'm looking forward to the ebook. My kindle is ready and waiting to download. I really enjoy your writing style but feel sad sometimes when you express your sadness. Don't stop writing. You're well worth reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Viv, you're one comment has taken me ovet the 2000 mark. It is your compassion and empathy that keeps me going! Os mets, mets yn de!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That should have been your (not apostrophe sorry)

    ReplyDelete

Death by Taxes

"Individuals and businesses not paying the tax they should deprives the government of the funding it needs to provide vital public serv...

Blog Archive

Bottom of the Ottoman

Hitler navigates the A487 from Aberaeron to Aberystwyth

Goodreads

David's books

How To Be Idle
Second Sight
Freud: The Key Ideas
The Yellow World
Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
Going Mad?: Understanding Mental Illness
Back To Sanity: Healing the Madness of Our Minds
Ham on Rye
Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania
Memories, Dreams, Reflections
Mavericks
Murder in Amsterdam: The Death of Theo van Gogh and the Limits of Tolerance
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
I Bought a Mountain
Hovel in the Hills: An Account of the Simple Life
Ring of Bright Water
The Thirty-Nine Steps
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Seat of the Soul


David Williams's favorite books »

Bottom of the Ottoman