Cymru/Wales: Bipolar Nation

Total Pageviews

Friday 20 January 2012

So it's not just me!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4059851/Cardiff-news-Poll-reveals-Welsh-capital-Cardiff-is-saddest-place-in-the-UK.html

So its not just me! I wouldn't ordinarily publicise anything 'the super soaraway Sun' has to say but this little article touched a nerve. The Truth will out. I have been asking the question recently Is it me? or Is it Kairdiff? I've even gone so far as to look up Paranoid Personality Disorder on Wikipedia so you can't accuse me of being lazy.
Is our Capital City a sacred cow?
Paranoid personality disorder is a mental disorder characterized by paranoia and a pervasive, long-standing suspiciousness and generalized mistrust of others. Individuals with thispersonality disorder may be hypersensitive, easily feel slighted, and habitually relate to the world by vigilant scanning of the environment for clues or suggestions that may validate their fears or biases. Paranoid individuals are eager observers. They think they are in danger and look for signs and threats of that danger, potentially not appreciating other evidence.[1] They tend to be guarded and suspicious and have quite constricted emotional lives. Their reduced capacity for meaningful emotional involvement and the general pattern of isolated withdrawal often lend a quality of schizoid isolation to their life experience.[2][verification needed] People with this particular disorder may or may not have a tendency to bear grudges, suspiciousness, tendency to interpret others actions as hostile, persistent tendency to self-reference, or a tenacious sense of personal right.[3]
Well the above description copied and pasted like a thief in the night from Wikipedia describes this furtive blogger down to a T.
If a person can be described as paranoid, can a city? Our sense of place, environment has a huge bearing on how we are as people! I have lived in a two bedroom terraced house in a suburb of Kairdiff called 'Grungetown' and I have been here since October 1988. From September 1987 till this time I lived in a flat above what is now the Salvation Army shop in Cowbridge Rd East. The road that I refer to as 'the lay line'.
Before this even I was a 'redneck', a Gog by upbringing but not by birth. I was returning to South Wales. The place of my birth!
I was coming 'Home'.
So what have I been doing in all this time?
I have been busy being unconscious, resentful, brooding, suspicious!
Did I bring it with me or was it here already?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Death by Taxes

"Individuals and businesses not paying the tax they should deprives the government of the funding it needs to provide vital public serv...

Blog Archive

Bottom of the Ottoman

Hitler navigates the A487 from Aberaeron to Aberystwyth

Goodreads

David's books

How To Be Idle
Second Sight
Freud: The Key Ideas
The Yellow World
Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
Going Mad?: Understanding Mental Illness
Back To Sanity: Healing the Madness of Our Minds
Ham on Rye
Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania
Memories, Dreams, Reflections
Mavericks
Murder in Amsterdam: The Death of Theo van Gogh and the Limits of Tolerance
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
I Bought a Mountain
Hovel in the Hills: An Account of the Simple Life
Ring of Bright Water
The Thirty-Nine Steps
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Seat of the Soul


David Williams's favorite books »

Bottom of the Ottoman