Cymru/Wales: Bipolar Nation

Total Pageviews

Friday 3 February 2012

Learned Helplessness





Bloody Hell, where would we be without Wikipedia eh? 
They never had it when I was doing my homework.
Has this guy got a chip on his shoulder or what?
Well before you go into a Four Yorshireman sketch ask yourself the question, haven't you got a little bit of learned helplessness? Had one too many knock backs have you? 
"Duw, I'm not sticking my finger in that fire again."



Aw Diddums! You don't know your born! Well quite likely! None of us do, do we? None of us know that we are born, it's just as we get older we start to have those things called expectations.
 'Where the Ffwc do they come from'? or in Welsh 'O ble Ffwc daeth rheina'?
You fail your exams and then you get sacked twice on the tumble! You've lived in an area where there are more sheep than people so your social skills are somewhat to be desired. You've come down to the big bad industrial city where the signs in the window say 
 'No Welshspeakers, No Shy People, No Soft People'.
 Oh but methinks the lady doth protest too much!
Kairdiff was never as bad as that!
 No it wasn't, but it felt like it to me. So a toxic mix was brewing in one's mind and I did what I seem to have done since, I have become an observer, a spectator. Unlike Captain Mainwaring I am not a man of action.  I took a very untaxing summer job as a Park Keeper. I had met Jimmy in Victoria Park by this stage (Post 3 of the Blog) and was still trying to work out the human condition. All these years later, I am still trying to. So this Blog and you are helping me to realise that I gave up then! That those experiences turned me into a voyeur of life. My thinking at the time was 'Let somebody else learn their lessons. I've learned  mine, I've given up'. That's a young age to give up, (22)!
Running my own business didn't help matters! Are you ready? Hold on to your electrodes then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Death by Taxes

"Individuals and businesses not paying the tax they should deprives the government of the funding it needs to provide vital public serv...

Blog Archive

Bottom of the Ottoman

Hitler navigates the A487 from Aberaeron to Aberystwyth

Goodreads

David's books

How To Be Idle
Second Sight
Freud: The Key Ideas
The Yellow World
Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
Going Mad?: Understanding Mental Illness
Back To Sanity: Healing the Madness of Our Minds
Ham on Rye
Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania
Memories, Dreams, Reflections
Mavericks
Murder in Amsterdam: The Death of Theo van Gogh and the Limits of Tolerance
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
I Bought a Mountain
Hovel in the Hills: An Account of the Simple Life
Ring of Bright Water
The Thirty-Nine Steps
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Seat of the Soul


David Williams's favorite books »

Bottom of the Ottoman