Cymru/Wales: Bipolar Nation

Total Pageviews

Wednesday 28 March 2018

Stigma & Taint


Stigma & Taint


Time for a Poem Robert Owen
Whatever happened to Bleddyn Bowen?
Anti-Semitism is afoot
What is fame when mortality beckons
How long you gonna live, what do you reckon?
Unemployed Russian Diplomats queuing for soup
Theresa May going "Whoop Whoop"
Cold War, Phoney War, Putin shows us the door.
In string vest and Donkey Jacket he crosses the floor.
The impudent West, oh give it a rest.
Time to rub some Vic on to our collective chests.
BBC and LBC won't give you a lot of tlc
You have to make a choice between your mental health and wealth.
You can't have both.
Poor and well or rich and crazy
Like a Sunday Lunch but without the gravy.
Wittering on in doggerel won't pay for some fresh or secondhand bog roll.(Recycled Line)
I should really try and find some work
but at 52 I'd be a berk 
to trade my freedom for wage slavery.
They don't give you medals for civilian bravery.
I'd like to promote myself as a purveyor of mirth
But cheap laughs are two a penny from someone of my girth.
I should really set up my own examinations board, if in trouble just pull the red cord but no one would attend because they know I'm going round the bend.
Euphemisms for madness are ever so quaint,it beats me why there is stigma and taint.
El loco, the mad un, the nutter on the bus
crazy, demented, she's lost it, what's all the fuss?
Mental Illness and Melancholy
Is a great leveller from hunter to hunted, sick in fox fur.
Out on the town, they are admired for being 'off their head' but they are the statistics that usually end up dead.
Making others laugh, putting others first is a dependency that gives you a thirst.
alcohol, drugs & gambling are not lifestyle choices for the ambling, 
these are the past times for those that inside are burning.
It's all very well saying "Life is what you make it" but how do we know that you're not faking it.
You can pull yourself up by the bootstraps and then use them to hang yourself.
Scratch Cards & Bonus Balls
Bad Poetry, Your Call.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a poet dahling not a paramedic

  I have not written a blog post in the month of April 2024 yet and it is the 22nd already. As I type this I do not know what I am going to ...

Blog Archive

Bottom of the Ottoman

Hitler navigates the A487 from Aberaeron to Aberystwyth

Goodreads

David's books

How To Be Idle
Second Sight
Freud: The Key Ideas
The Yellow World
Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
Going Mad?: Understanding Mental Illness
Back To Sanity: Healing the Madness of Our Minds
Ham on Rye
Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania
Memories, Dreams, Reflections
Mavericks
Murder in Amsterdam: The Death of Theo van Gogh and the Limits of Tolerance
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
I Bought a Mountain
Hovel in the Hills: An Account of the Simple Life
Ring of Bright Water
The Thirty-Nine Steps
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Seat of the Soul


David Williams's favorite books »

Bottom of the Ottoman